Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Paratoid Lymph Node Swollen and painful

Re: Paratoid Lymph Node Swollen and painful

It deff sounds like some sort of infection which is easily treated with antibiotics so try not to worry

Thanks 😬

How did your appointment go?

Okay- she gave me an antibiotic... said it’s probably some sort of lymphatic infection? . she still wants me to do ct scan tho... I’m scheduled for it Thursday. I told her I tend to run more worried and worry worst case scenario... and she told me she didn’t think it would be bad and not to worry.... so I guess all I can do is trust for now... I see her again next Thursday 😬

golddustgirl1000 my son did have a tumor, it was in his submandibular salivary gland. After 4 years of postponing, drs, and not wanting to deal with it, he had it removed.
    It felt really hard and never hurt, it was just... there..
    and growing very slowly.

Many times I wished it would swell and hurt, then I'd be reassured it was a reactive gland and not a tumor.

I'm glad you're getting the CT scan, he had CT w/contrast too.

All my best to you, please keep us updated.

Nancy, thanks- yes my lymph node that I’ve been feeling has been there since December of last year- I went to three drs that both confirmed it was paratoid lymph node- but it was soft and moveable so they said they didn’t worry.

I decided I would wait till fall when all my annuals are due to get it checked out... for once in my life I decided to not let my HA take over and worry it was something they said it wasn’t...

Anyway- started antibiotic yearsday. The lymph node is still tender but has gone down in size...

Now the antibiotic is making me feel like crap... but is what it is I guess...

Did he recover well from his?

He did recover well, has a 3 inch scar on his neck but it's slowly fading. It's only 6 1/2 months.

There are no answers as to why it happened, my sister in law wonders if it has to do with cell phone use.

The big difference between yours based on your info is that yours changes size and becomes painful, that screams reactive to me. My son's was just there, never got smaller, never I flamed, never bothered him at all other than it was visible. His "friends" nicknamed it.. that made me really angry, but he's an adult I couldn't force him to go, he was putting it off and that made me angry with him.

Oh dear, straight vitamin e... I’ve gotten 2 burns to almost disappear in weeks- and one of them was 2 years old!

I try to be more natural, so we eat really healthy, no microwave, work out, and I rarely talk on my phone... at night we keep them far away from us, actually looking to buy something that knocks out WiFi at night...

So did he have a slightly enlarged lymph node then?

Is reactive bad??

mine hasn’t changed since I found it 7 months ago...

I literally was making an appt to get it checked once in for all and out of nowhere it blew up... along with a massive cystic pimple on my eyebrow, lymph nodes under my jaw, and some In the tendon running down the side of my neck.... I think this was just coincidence that it happened the same day... cause I’ve literally been checking for months and no change.

Good thing he went- yeah this was the first time I neglected something this long... sometimes I get sick of going to the dr... I have a chronic condition that takes a lot of care, it’s not life threatening but I have to stay on top of it...I’m only 29... sometimes I just want to be normal :/
    Last edited by golddustgirl1000; 02-10-19 at 06:32. Reason: Adding to comment

"Reactive lymphnodes" is not a bad thing. All it means us is a lymphnode/lymphnodes is/are reacting to something going on in your body and it's most likely to be nothing serious.

You have one more day until your CT scan and I'm willing to bet your gonna get an all clear 🤗 it's hard waiting on appointments days for scans and then waiting on results. Its nerve wracking for people who don't suffer with anxiety and even more so for those of us who do. If possible try and find something to distract yourself.

Thanks careful.... I’m actually doing okay mentally... this board is helping... I have a lot of work and clients... so it helps keep my mind off things, and I’m trying to trust God.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information