Thread: Post smoking throat problems argh.

Post smoking throat problems argh.

Well it's been 6wks where I've been smoke free and using my vape less and less but man, my throat has been hurting like mad the last week. Feels like I've got a hair stuck down there, feels sore and generally hurts. There is no infection, lumps or bumps.

I guess it could be a toxin clear out from years of tar maybe? Any other ex smokers feel crappy after quitting?

Re: Post smoking throat problems argh.

I see no one has replied so allow me to tell you as a former smoker, what you're experiencing is pretty normal. In general, quitting smoking and withdraw from nicotine addiction is not fun whatsoever but it truly does get easier. Be careful with the vaping though. As you know, there's been some issues with some of the products.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks for the reply.

I've been trying to think logically and came up with.... I know I have gum disease from years of smoking, when I wake in the morning I've got blood in the back of my throat (mixed with saliva) when this happens my gums are bleeding so my guess is that it's collecting at the back and causing a sore throat.

I quitted smoking and I think I am feeling worse than while smoking. Why so?

I totally get where you're coming from. After I quit smoking, I went through a rough patch where my throat felt weird too—kind of like what you're describing. It felt sore and uncomfortable, almost like my body was trying to adjust to the absence of smoke and clear out the junk left behind. I read that it could be the body getting rid of toxins, like you mentioned. I also switched to vaping as a step down from smoking, aiming to quit that too eventually. I found nexus products to be really good vapes during this transition. They offered options with lower nicotine levels, which helped me reduce gradually. Now, I'm on vapes with 0 nicotine, and honestly, it's made a big difference in how my throat feels and overall, I just feel better. It's not easy quitting entirely, but switching to a less harmful alternative was a step in the right direction for me.
    Last edited by Mark Zuker; 21-03-24 at 19:44.

Thread Information