Thread: Worried about heart attack

Worried about heart attack

Yesterday I woke up with pain in the left side of my jaw which made me worried about having a heart attack. Throughout the day the pain was there a little but I admit it felt a little more like it was coming from a back tooth? Today the jaw pain hasn't affected me very much, but I've had minor pain/tightness in my left arm, and also I've just had a bad day in general. I had a minor panic attack today and I've been feeling kind of "out of it" a bit.

The panic attack was caused by a date I was supposed to attend today (my boyfriend was fine that I couldn't do it). Also I was tense yesterday because I spent some time with him. We've been dating for a couple of months but it's my first relationship in years and my social anxiety has been max most of the time. I'm kind of worried that the anxiety/"stress" of preparing myself physically and mentally to spend time with someone may have caused a heart attack lol I know it sounds super dramatic, but the last few months have been insanely difficult for me. I'm trying to keep going and maintain my new relationship but it's difficult.

Re: Worried about heart attack

Unless you're at very high risk for a heart attack, you're fine. If you have heart disease, sure, excess stress can potentially lead to a cardiac event, but otherwise you shouldn't worry, IMO.

Thread Information