Hello everyone, I need someone to calm me down. Last Friday, out of nowhere, I started getting extremely bad lower abdominal pains that spread to my lower back as well. Ended up going to the ER, many blood tests, and a CT scan later, diagnosis; 3 cm left ovarian mass, with layering of dense material, most likely representing hemorrhagic cyst. After talking with the ER doctor, she assured me that the pain would go away in a few days. My problem is that I cannot stop worrying about ovarian cancer. I am 49, and my periods have been erratic for the past few years. Next month will be 1 whole year without a period so I guess that would make me officially menopausal. I know I shouldn’t be on the internet reading about this stuff, but it says menopausal women shouldn’t technically have cysts on their ovaries anymore because there is no ovulation. So that’s why I am worried. I did have a follow-up with my GYN the very following day and she saw the report and told me not to give it a second thought and basically told me “see you next year for your annual”! I guess the fact that she isn’t worries makes me feel better, but my health anxiety has taken over. Anyone else have any similar experience with ovarian cysts? What worries me even more is that I had a US last year and there were absolutely no cysts at all and now all of sudden a 3 cm cyst pops up out of nowhere.