Thread: Hemorrhagic ovarian cyst

Hemorrhagic ovarian cyst

Hello everyone, I need someone to calm me down. Last Friday, out of nowhere, I started getting extremely bad lower abdominal pains that spread to my lower back as well. Ended up going to the ER, many blood tests, and a CT scan later, diagnosis; 3 cm left ovarian mass, with layering of dense material, most likely representing hemorrhagic cyst. After talking with the ER doctor, she assured me that the pain would go away in a few days. My problem is that I cannot stop worrying about ovarian cancer. I am 49, and my periods have been erratic for the past few years. Next month will be 1 whole year without a period so I guess that would make me officially menopausal. I know I shouldn’t be on the internet reading about this stuff, but it says menopausal women shouldn’t technically have cysts on their ovaries anymore because there is no ovulation. So that’s why I am worried. I did have a follow-up with my GYN the very following day and she saw the report and told me not to give it a second thought and basically told me “see you next year for your annual”! I guess the fact that she isn’t worries makes me feel better, but my health anxiety has taken over. Anyone else have any similar experience with ovarian cysts? What worries me even more is that I had a US last year and there were absolutely no cysts at all and now all of sudden a 3 cm cyst pops up out of nowhere.

Re: Hemorrhagic ovarian cyst

Hey. Try not to worry (I know that's easier said than done). I've had a number of ovarian cysts of other types, but a relative of mine had a haemorrhagic cyst like this not long ago. She's long past the menopause, and they didn't operate on hers either. If your gyn isn't worried, I think you're good to go. Is there any follow up plan? Repeat scan etc?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi there dying swan and thanks for getting back to me. My gyn said there was no need for a follow up scan but I happen to work for a wonderful pathologist and he is actually going to write me out a script to have an US in 2-3 months. My GYN did tell me that these types of cysts take awhile to go away so I guess I unhappily need to wait. I hate the waiting.

Waiting is really hard, but it sounds like there's nothing to worry about. I think it's a good idea to have a repeat scan in a few months just to make sure it's gone away, but it really sounds like it's all ok. Do you have any support with your anxiety at all?

Not really. My husband is very supportive, but doesn’t get it. He is luckily the type of person that let’s everything go and only worries if there is something to worry about. I was seeing a therapist for awhile a few years back, but I find it didn’t help. I seem to be fine until something health related pops up and then I fall apart. It’s an awful cycle.

Need someone to talk me down please

So Last Monday, out of nowhere, I started getting extremely bad lower abdominal pains that spread to my lower back as well. Ended up going to the ER, many blood tests, and a CT scan later, diagnosis; 3 cm left ovarian mass, with layering of dense material, most likely representing hemorrhagic cyst. After talking with the ER doctor, she assured me that the pain would go away in a few days. My problem is that I cannot stop worrying about ovarian cancer. I am 49, and my periods have been erratic for the past few years. Next month will be 1 whole year without a period so I guess that would make me officially menopausal. I know I shouldn’t be on the internet reading about this stuff, but it says menopausal women shouldn’t technically have cysts on their ovaries anymore because there is no ovulation. So that’s why I am worried. I did have a follow-up with my GYN the very following day and she saw the report and told me not to give it a second thought and basically told me “see you next year for your annual”! I guess the fact that she isn’t worries makes me feel better, but my health anxiety has taken over. Anyone else have any similar experience with ovarian cysts? What worries me even more is that I had a US last year and there were absolutely no cysts at all and now all of sudden a 3 cm cyst pops up out of nowhere.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Thread Information