Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Here we go again.... melanoma? :(

Re: Here we go again.... melanoma? :(

I know this is the fourth or fifth episode of me rapidly convincing myself I have a new major symptom or illness and then running to the doctors and every time they’ve said it’s either nothing or something innocent

Weight loss that I thought was because of bowel cancer - I hadn’t actually lost any weight

Spots on chest that I thought was neurofibromatosis (sp?) - it was a fungal infection

Yellow hue around my eyes that I thought was jaundice - it was normal and it had been that way for ages

The first mole that I thought was melanoma and actually it scanned

and now this

and of course the bood in stool episodes

It’s so frustrating but THIS is going to be a lesson for next time, I promise

I wish we could believe that Toby but I think there will be another drama very soon. It is how you deal with it that matters.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I think you need to set a plan in place for the next time something happens that scares you, Toby,

If you're really serious about this, Toby then why not ask for this thread to be closed? You've been reassured by a GP. The scare is over.

You can always start a new thread entitled "Managing my HA" when you next have a scare because all this drama is unnecessary, exhausting and pointless.

agree with you Pulisa 100%, I get too drawn into all this having suffered badly with HA myself over the years, the theatrical nature of the posts, the repetition etc all smack of boredom and fear of adulthood.
    I don`t say that to be smarmy Toby, but I see someone young and healthy, intelligent, lucid, engaging, literally throwing their life down the nearest toilet looking constantly for new fears

you won`t get better by repeating the same patterns. you will reinforce them and find them increasingly hard to break

find things to do outside of this forum, I get the impression that this is where you test out your arguing skills, standing up for yourself to strangers and so on without the risk of doing it in real life, but this isn`t real. you have to engage with the big world or you may as well be sat at home with some incurable illness.

life really can be rather marvellous but it won`t come knocking for you, you need to get up and meet it halfway.

It wasn't cancer... I'm so shocked
    Nobody else is

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    I know this is the fourth or fifth episode of me rapidly convincing myself I have a new major symptom or illness and then running to the doctors and every time they’ve said it’s either nothing or something innocent

Weight loss that I thought was because of bowel cancer - I hadn’t actually lost any weight

Spots on chest that I thought was neurofibromatosis (sp?) - it was a fungal infection

Yellow hue around my eyes that I thought was jaundice - it was normal and it had been that way for ages

The first mole that I thought was melanoma and actually it scanned

and now this

and of course the bood in stool episodes

It’s so frustrating but THIS is going to be a lesson for next time, I promise
    When you say this are you finding you are calmer at the time? If so, doesn't that show how this is that rational Toby and the one in the middle of panic isn't objective? Therefore you know sitting it out, and working on your anxiety, until it reduces brings back rational Toby.

Good that you are keeping the A-Levels going even through it's hard. Try to carry on with that because once you slide it can become an obstacle starting again.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    It wasn't cancer... I'm so shocked

She took one look at it and said it looks like it's just scabbing because I scratched it and it's too small compared to melanomas

I'm sorry everyone for being so dramatic. The picture was so alarming though
    You did the sensible thing getting it checked out, now you can use the experience to change the way you react to your 'melanoma fears' in the future

I wondered why there hadnt been any activity on you other post....oh toby. I dont even know where to start

could this thread be locked soon before it descends into the usual fun and games?

It`s not cancer, Toby and the world know he shouldn`t have picked at a mole, GP has said all is good, there`s nothing more to add that will help surely?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information