I had a bout of severe insomnia caused by anxiety. My doctor prescribed mirtazapine to help me sleep and to help with the nervousness. I was signed off work and this alone improved my sleep a little within a couple of days, before starting the tablets.

ive now been on mirt for four nights. I’m only taking a quarter of a 15mg tablet per night as I have struggled with side effects after starting antidepressants at full dose in the past. On the first night I slept like a log. The deepest longest sleep I have had for a long time. For the last three nights I have fallen asleep but i have woken up many times and the sleep feels very light. I’ve also been having strange dreams.

Apart from that that I haven’t felt any side effects apart from perhaps feeling a little dazed and ‘out of it’, although I was feeling a bit like this with anxiety and I do also have residual symptoms from an inner ear infection, so it’s difficult to determine what the cause is. I’ve also had a dry mouth through the night.