Thread: Spotting or not ?????

Spotting or not ?????

Basically to cut it short I’m a regular 26 to 32 day cycle. I had a long 52 day cycle followed by a 12 day cycle last year put it down to stress by myself and doctor had FSH test and a pelvic scan everything fine. Now this year I had my last period on 22nd August normally period last 7 days though this cycle I had Barley noticeable spotting on day 8 after that I was fine waiting for my next period in September however nothing turned up. Last week I have servere PMS and I’m really tired now. I did a pregnancy test on Sunday which was negative. My main issue is there’s been a lot of irritation down below. Yesterday I went to loo and though there was nothing on the panty liner there was a bit of blood on the tissue it almost looked like I had a cut and I dapped it, it was like this the next few time I went loo, just on paper and tbh it felt like
    It wasn’t even coming from the cervix more like
    Area above.it stopped after that. My health anxiety is saying cervical cancer I can’t think anything in between as this has never happened and I’m worried.
    Booked a smear anyway as I was due one and was too much of a chicken as they seem painful every time I tried and doctors although advised me everytime I went and tried to do one but it’s to painful for me I wasn’t high risk as I’ve been with my husband all my life and never had any other sexual partners and we been together since I was 17 now I’m 36 and never has any period issues until now how ever I do know that this doesn’t mean I’m not at risk cervical cancer . Doctor just said take another pregnancy test next week and we will take it from there .... but I’m
    Really worried ??? Never had this before ? I’ve never had spotting before this.. can anyone help???
    Last edited by Sunshinegirl82; 01-10-19 at 13:59.

Re: Spotting or not ?????

Could you have a uti? Sometimes stress can delay periods. Are you trying to get pregnant? I spotted when I was pregnant. Another thing to add is as I’ve progressed in my 30s, I’ve gotten weirder lady symptoms. Def go for the smear bt if things looked fine last year chances are you are fine.

No I don’t think I have an UTI, not had any other symptoms to make me think UTI, I’ve been struggling with infertility for 15 years so don’t really use contraception. Definitely since I’ve hit 35 I’ve had weird things happening with my cycle... this is the reason I first fell in to this whole health anxiety hell. I’ve booked the smear I’m just so scared for waiting and getting the results ... what if I do have cervical cancer how am I going to cope. I’ve started to use canister for the irratation so let’s she how o get on. Keep on getting the full pelvic pain before a period is due but just no period

Hi just Incase anyone was following this post went to docs as I had some bleeding on wiping again this time confirmed it wasn’t coming from cervix, so off to docs I went she said it all looks heathey on the outside but there is a bit of redness which more than likely caused the blood on toilet paper she asked me to explain what it was like an I said it looked fresh like you cut yourself and dab it, she said if it was spotting it’ll be more like period blood colour as it travels down would be coming from cervix, she’s told me to another pregnancy test in a weeks time and to go for a smear she said I am very low risk but it’s best to be checked out. She said the period delay is more than likely stress again !!!!! She said she isn’t worried about the spotting

So my period turned up today finally !!!! But it is very light not my usual heavy flow... getting a bit worried as I thought since I was late I’d be heavier than usual but if anything it’s opposite.Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Have you had a blood test to check to see if you are ovulating? This was happening to me when I wasn't ovulating. I once ended up spotting for 6 weeks. I have got pcos without cysts though

Hormones I reckon, for some reason or the other, which is impossible to guess and you might find out or never find out (LOL) your period is being glitchy in duration, bleeding pattern, cycle length etc. Very minor changes in hormonal levels can have some really odd effects on periods and whilst I didn't have those at your age, I most certainly did a decade later than you for no 'medical reason' other than shifting hormones heading to meno. Anxiety can definitely cause changes, its all very complicated I found out on a gynae forum, but as one example when you are stressed the body makes less progesterone in order to make more adrenaline. All it takes is a few minor changes and just about every irregularity you can imagine can occur in periods, they can be stop start, be heavier on different days, bleeding can come all at once or slowly over ageeessss, there can be spotting, this that and the other. I know its scary when these things happen and your normal becomes erratic, but fear not you've had a pelvic scan and that was clear and your doctor clearly isn't suspecting anything untowards. Have I had spotting for no serious reason? Yes, in the last few years, some months and then not the following month. I would suggest another discussion with your doctor if things don't settle down about possible hormonal variations and fluctuations, but really don't jump to sinister despite all those scare stories about 'if you have spotting'. Your doctor isn't worried, and they know what 'type' of spotting is of concern.

Thank you guys ... well since yesterday it’s been my heavy usual flow actually a bit heavier than normal. I know I defo ovulated late this cycle as I had ewcm quiet late on made a note of it and I have come on exactly two week from around then. The bleeding I’m assuming at the beginning of the week was from the irritation I had and me itching it. Tbh I’m just very tired of it all now and I have been on holiday and was so stressed about it all that it looks like my ovulation has delayed. The problem is the stress is clearly playing with my hormones like you said carys which in return is delaying my period and making my cycles go all funny which in return is stressing me out and diagnosing my self with cervical cancer. Every time this happens I think I’ve not had a smear hence I’ve missed it get my self in such a state though quiet a few doctors have told me it’s stress and nothing else. Early meno runs in my family and I went so crazy in December last year when this happened thinking it was cervical cancer or meno that the doc didn’t mess around with bloods and sent me for a scan to check for meno or other issues and both came back clear. My issue is every little thing that happens I assume the worst . I’ve had CBT did six sessions and they discharged me as I was doing really well according to them. Tbh I got seen four months after i first got referred and in between I got some private
    Sessions as well so by the time of i got to them I wasn’t as bad. But this unknown fear that I have some sort of cancer in my body keeps coming back and although i try and apply techniques I have learnt to control it my thoughts are too strong and overpowers my rationale. I’m so scared to go for the smear as well first it’s the pallava of having it done as it’s so bloody painful second it’s waiting for the outcome il probably be stressed out. Maybe it’s not the right time get it done atm when I’m in the hight of my anxiety and I can’t control my feeling. Seriously contemplating asking for anti depressants now I’ve turned them down so many times but I can’t seem to break this stupid cycle of negative thoughts .... any body else on medication for HA and it’s actually calmed them down ? Sorry for the long rant

Thread Information