Thread: Throat

Throat

I have an extremely sore throat it feels raw and stratchy it came about when i was eating a spicy bread from subway and only got worse. Yesterday i had some spicy noodles and my throat felt like it was closing up so i chucked it away so im assuming my throat issues are due to spicy food which is not good because i have acid reflux. Anyways ive been trying to sleep but i keep involuntarily swallowing (not anxious swallowing) but more so a reflex. Im really scared my throat will dry out or i will choke.

Has this happened to anyone?

Re: Throat

This is common with reflux / GERD, unfortunately. I recommend seeing your doc about the reflux if it is persistent. They can help you manage it, and possibly prescribe meds (long term or short term). I know the feeling, I had the same problem. I was on a PPI for a couple of years, came off of it a couple months ago. I feel much better so far, save for the initial rebound reflux when I first stopped. I just have to watch what I eat, which is also typical of reflux so I also recommend avoiding trigger foods.

Thanks for the reply! Im just wanting it to be just gerd and not strep throat or anything else.
    Plus i keep feeling nauseous which is not helping:,(
    Its good that youre better now
    Is it normal to experience all of what ive said? Really sore throat? Involuntary swallowing, nausea???

Whenever i drift off i keep on involuntary swallowing as well and im scared im going to choke. My mouth is producing so much saliva but when i swallow as im trying to sleep my mouth is pretty much dry.

you might have a cold or something coming on. Nothing to worry about.

Sounds like you're mouth breathing too, which will dry your throat out really fast.

Its only my throat thats the problem. The fact that i keep salivating is making my stomach groan and i feel nauseous :(

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information