Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HIV Fear

Re: HIV Fear

After six weeks the virus would show up in the blood tests but in very very rare cases it can take up to 3 months to show. If he pulled out I don't think thered be a problem. HIV is a very fragile virus and it just cannot live outside the body I think it takes like 20 seconds outside the body before it dies. You should get tested but from the symptoms you've described it doesn't sound like HIV

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    Great news for you Giving up dating at your age is really defeatist, you don't have to sleep with everyone you date! If/when you do find a suitable partner use protection until you have been monogamous for 3-4 months then both go and get tested for HIV & STD's. This is what lots of people do, you know your safe and it saves a lot of stress all round. My partner and I even did this (6 years ago) and I was 56. Good luck for the future
    Yes, you're right, I'm sure I won't give up dating really. Just feel like it sometimes! I go on quite a lot of dates, and obviously don't sleep with them all, but if I see someone a few times then... well, that's just kind of the natural progression of things. Unfortunately, I never want to see them again afterwards, but I'm working on that and hoping that one day I will be able to find love again.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy699 View Post
    After six weeks the virus would show up in the blood tests but in very very rare cases it can take up to 3 months to show. If he pulled out I don't think thered be a problem. HIV is a very fragile virus and it just cannot live outside the body I think it takes like 20 seconds outside the body before it dies. You should get tested but from the symptoms you've described it doesn't sound like HIV
    Thank you, yes, thankfully I think it's fine!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information