Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread: Feeling fed up

Re: Feeling fed up

Thanks PDU, that all makes sense and is very helpful. I am really grateful to you

Hi Mrsmitchell, been following the post, just a note to see if your feeling better ?

Hi Conelrad,

I have been feeling much better but it has taken a nose dive again more recently. I think because I have been on the drug 3 times before and maybe it takes longer each time.

PDU, thank you for all your help thus far. I just wanted to ask you if you think I should increase the dose (my doctor basically doesn’t really know or care- they don’t have mental health training really). I have been on 40mg for nearly 4 weeks and on fluoxetine since the beginning of March. I was ok for a bit but I have started waking up feeling sick again. I am about to start a new job- so it may be that. I am waking feeling sick and sweaty palms, with also a sense of dread. It tends to get better as the day goes on. I’m just wondering if it is too early on 40mg, whether I should up the dose or whether I should consider trying something new x

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsmitchell1984 View Post
    if you think I should increase the dose (my doctor basically doesn’t really know or care- they don’t have mental health training really). I have been on 40mg for nearly 4 weeks and on fluoxetine since the beginning of March. I was ok for a bit but I have started waking up feeling sick again. I am about to start a new job- so it may be that. I am waking feeling sick and sweaty palms, with also a sense of dread. It tends to get better as the day goes on. I’m just wondering if it is too early on 40mg, whether I should up the dose or whether I should consider trying something new x
    Had to say as 4 weeks is not long enough to know whether the dose will work, plus being anxious about starting a new job is normal.

Personally, I wouldn't tempt the side-effects fates by increasing an AD dose at the same time as beginning a new job, but would deal with any symptoms with temporary solutions, BZDs, or hydroxyzine for anxiety, ginger and/or vitamin B6 supplements for nausea, topical preparations for sweaty palms (ask your pharmacist about these), etc, until I was settled into the new job. A dose increase would be warranted if your mood hasn't stabilized by then.

Thank you PDU- that is great advice and I agree side effects would not be good whilst starting a new job. Thank you very much xxxx

Hi Conelrad,

I have been feeling much better but it has taken a nose dive again more recently. I think because I have been on the drug 3 times before and maybe it takes longer each time.
    Yeah...the side effects are rough. I've had ups & downs, fortunately, the "up's" are more than the downs. Usually, now, anxiety only gets high with a stressful situation as opposed to just random. Good luck with the job ! !

Thank you. Good to hear you are feeling better x

Hey PDU, i need your good advice again.

I have been on prozac since October (20mg) and 40mg since January 4th.

I am definitely functioning better but I am not where I want to be. Does this mean I need to up the dose or try something else. I don’t want to come off and then find no improvement with anything else. Thank you always, Sally x

I just want to add that I am an unusual case. So, others reading this, please don’t think that fluoxetine takes this long to work. It’s because I have come on and off it and this is my fourth time- so fluoxetine should work much earlier for the vast majority of you x

Hey PDU, i need your good advice again.
    Oh, you wanted the good advice? You should have said something earlier, Sally.

I have been on prozac since October (20mg) and 40mg since January 4th.

I am definitely functioning better but I am not where I want to be. Does this mean I need to up the dose or try something else.
    So you've been on 40mg for 7 weeks. Possibly still a little early to be getting the maximum benefit from it. How big is the gap between where you are and where you want to be?

I don’t want to come off and then find no improvement with anything else.
    There will almost certainly be something that will work, but it could take some finding so more delay. :(

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread Information