Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeling fed up

Feeling fed up

I have been on fluoxetine 10mg for 4 days now. I know it’s early days - but I am just feeling fed up - I am scared it’s not going to work this time- even though it has worked the 3 other times. I know I have to give it more time too- but I really haven’t got the energy anymore. I have been feeling rubbish for nearly 5/6 weeks and honestly don’t know if I can go on.

I have a son and husband - who deserve better than this.

Re: Feeling fed up

Sending you a hug Mrs Mitchell

Thank you Carnation x

We all need a hug from time to time.
    You'll get there Mrs M, time heals. x

Thank you Carnation - it’s so true- just hard when the day drags x

More hugs coming from here - I hope things get easier soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsmitchell1984 View Post
    I have been on fluoxetine 10mg for 4 days now. I know it’s early days - but I am just feeling fed up - I am scared it’s not going to work this time- even though it has worked the 3 other times. I know I have to give it more time too- but I really haven’t got the energy anymore. I have been feeling rubbish for nearly 5/6 weeks and honestly don’t know if I can go on.
    Sadly, there are no quick, or easy options. As Mao said, a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.. and then another... and another... This is all you can do atm, just take one step after another until the slow plod lengthens into the bounce of full strides and the occasional clicking of heels. Try to find ways of occupying your thoughts so you don't lapse into ruminating about things which probably won't happen. We expend far more time and energy catastrophising about all the problems we convince ourselves are just around the next corner than we ever do working through the few that actually do eventuate.

Walking can help, both as a diversion and for its positive impact on mental states, or something as simple as reading a book. Whatever gets you through the next hour and then the next...

I have a son and husband - who deserve better than this.
    I'm pretty sure the last thing on their minds is how they are being affected. The best thing you can do for them is taking care of your own needs atm. That is the shortest path between where you are and where you want to be.

Take care

Ian

Thank you all of you- it’s really nice to hear such good things from you all.

Xxxx

One thing I am worried about the moment is that nothing seems to take my mind off of how bad I am feeling.

I have tried reading, being at work- all sorts and I just feel the same and find it hard to focus. Maybe there is something wrong with my brain x

I’m also scared that the medication will not work.

Every second feels an eternity. 😥

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information