Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeling fed up

Re: Feeling fed up

Thank you Panic Down Under

I have had quite a few good days on this (2-3 weeks) but the last two days have been bad. I am wondering if it will work this time (fourth time)?

If I have had a lot of good days- does it mean that it is likely to work and that this is just a blip that can happen from time to time.

I was on 10mg for a week and have been on therapeutic dose for 5 weeks.

Morning Mrs M

From what I've heard from others taking meds, it realistically can take anything from 1 month to 3 months to fully kick in. If it is the full 3 months for you, then you are half way there.
    I also learned that there may be days of good and bad along the way, so it's not a case of another bad 6 weeks and it could well kick in much sooner. x

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsmitchell1984 View Post
    If I have had a lot of good days- does it mean that it is likely to work and that this is just a blip that can happen from time to time.
    Most probably a blip. Bad days are not uncommon. As long as the good days are becoming more frequent while the bad are diminishing it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Most probably a blip. Bad days are not uncommon. As long as the good days are becoming more frequent while the bad are diminishing it's all good.
    thank you Carnation and Panic down under- it’s a bloody nuisance as you think you are through the worst of it and it comes back nearly as bad as before- it seems inconceivable after good days!

Hope you two are doing well x

For what it's worth, I've been on the meds for about a year and I'm still in the middle of a low phase right now.

Personally think just the meds is not enough, you have to apply other things to your life too creating a balance in your life. But who am I to give advice, I'm suffering too!
    I think because numerous things happen in life and build up to this point and when life is going ok we neglect the care on ourselves. x

I think you're right, Carnation. If you let the coping strategies slip, meds or not you're still going to be in trouble.

Work's being a pain right now and I'm struggling to deal with depression at one of the busiest times of the year. I'm doing my best to take care of myself, though, and thus far it's still under control.

I think your work has been one of the main culprits for your status now. As they say, "It's not the job, it's the people!"
    I think if you've also had the original nervous breakdown, our bodies and mind will automatically head for that direction at any sign of a similar threat.
    It's strange, but it's actually protecting us. x

I've been a bit fried since one of the students decided to spray tear gas (or something akin to it) in the main atrium while I was working in the next room with the doors open.

On the bright side, I do get a full fortnight off over Christmas this year.

How are you doing?

Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread Information