Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeling fed up

Re: Feeling fed up

Hi Windy

Yep we is some of the strongest folk on earth.

Panic Ian the lay meds expert here said that when you get a smooth ride on an AD it's cozza placebo effect. Ups and downs is the norm as yous body gets used to all this new chemical activity going on.

Charlie

Yes Ian is good isn’t he - very no nonsense and sensible. I know he says it takes longer than 6 weeks but it does get hard to stay positive. This is my second time and it’s so much harder this time. Are you on any meds?

Arvo Charlie,Windy,Carnyand Sally
    Is your day improving windy x

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn1 View Post
    Arvo Charlie,Windy,Carnyand Sally
    Is your day improving windy x
    Hi all, thank you for supporting my friend Windywel! Of course you can join my thread, Windy. Its a horrible feeling that the medication will not work - but when I realised that some people have recovered even without medication - it gave me hope. It’s just horrible when you are in the thick of it- you want to know that recovery will definitely happen and you want to know when. But it will happen- you will feel yourself again.

have you tried yoga again windy - I think the more you do it- the more benefit you will get from it.

wishing everyone a lovely day - much love xxxx

Thank you and the same back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by lebonvin View Post
    Panic Ian the lay meds expert here said that when you get a smooth ride on an AD it's cozza placebo effect.
    He does? Guy never could hold his liquor.

All who have a relatively easy time of it and so never come to support groups such as NMP while still doing well might beg to differ. My observation is those that experience the one step forward, two steps back hokey pokey seem to fare a little better in the long run, but the operative word is 'little'. It is when there is a rapid, trouble free response that alarm bells should begin to ring as this is often produced by the placebo effect, ime. The med may still kick-in, but the odds are not as good.

Okedoke Ian

put that bottle down

I'll go consult my physician lol

Thanks so much all for including me. Things did get a little better this afternoon - at least I’ve stopped crying! Sally I know I should go back to yoga but I am a bit freaked out after my Friday experience. Mind you it was my yoga teacher that gave me the shiatsu massage on Monday and she did say that pranayama can bring emotional stuff up and I should just try and go with it. I know I need to be brave and go back. Are you going to go regularly? She was also really interesting after the massage. She said she felt I was really guarded because I feared loss of control and she kept hearing that I needed to stop listening to myself (which is totally true!). Hope you all have a lovely day - I’m heading to bed soon and really hoping I have a better nights sleep xx

Quote Originally Posted by Windywel View Post
    Yes Ian is good isn’t he - very no nonsense and sensible. I know he says it takes longer than 6 weeks but it does get hard to stay positive. This is my second time and it’s so much harder this time. Are you on any meds?
    Hi Windy

Yep I'm on 3 mental meds and a hi blood pressure one.

My aim is to get off 2 of them (one benzo one antipsychotic) and just run with the AD.

2nd time on the same AD always take longer than first time.

Sounds like yous got a great yoga teacher

Charlie

Hi Sally how are you feeling these days? Sounds like you are definately on the road to recovery. What has helped? I am very slowly improving I think but still very up and down.

Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread Information