Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeling fed up

Re: Feeling fed up

Good on you Charlie - I am also on a benzo at the moment and slowly weaning off.

Hi Windy

I weaned off benzos twice before. It's that last lil bit what's the problem

You gotta take it real slow, or change to diazepam for a more rapider taper

Quote Originally Posted by Windywel View Post
    Hi Sally how are you feeling these days? Sounds like you are definately on the road to recovery. What has helped? I am very slowly improving I think but still very up and down.
    I’m still a bit up and down but I think as time goes on you get more confident that the downs are limited and will go. I think the cbt4panic website really helped me anxiety and with the depression (which I find the scariest) I have to keep telling myself that it will go and carry on as normal accepting it will be by my side (but not exhaust myself). The CLAIRE weeks talk on depression was a big turning point for me too. She just understands it so well and gives you hope.

Lastly, but not leastly, talking to others on here- knowing that they have been through it and have come out the other side makes you feel less alone and gives you hope. Yoga and being outside helps too- but I know there is anxiety around that at the moment. Go once you feel less tense about it. Maybe practice some at home with you tube first - to rebuild your confidence. Also, if you haven’t been before and the class is full of people you haven’t met- that will naturally make you worry xxxx

Thanks Sally that’s all good advice. What was the Claire Weeks talk on depression you listened to? And I will check out that CBT website. I’ve had two sessions with a therapist but it hasn’t done much so far. I’ve had a really difficult week with PMS and my period and my sleeping is still bad - get to sleep ok but keep waking up all the time sometimes feeling quite anxious. I have had a few good hours here and there - just wish I would have more of them but know I just need to be patient. Will have to decide next week about increasing dose. Have you always stayed on the same dose?

Mrs M, I'm pleased you that you are making good progress, remember any glitches can be ironed out. x

Windywel, I'd definitely give Claire Weekes a look, to be honest I'd listen to all her Apps on the Internet, the more you digest, the more it will help. x

Thanks Carnation - where do I find her apps?

I’m going to do a garden tour with my mother in law and mother tomorrow and I’m feeling really nervous about it. It’s an hour away from where we live and I feel nervous about not having my husband with me. Will have to get the train there and back.

Just put Claire Weekes in the search engine and they come up. As simple as that.

Thank you both! Feeling pretty low today. Been at home - don’t think it helps much, find it hard to get out of bed then feel more anxious and depressed. I waited too long to take the lorazepam Charlie

Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread Information