Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeling fed up

Re: Feeling fed up

Thanks PDU - helpful advice as always.

I am only getting about 6.5 hours of sleep a night. Not much deep sleep. I wake around 3am and I am all twitchy- Like I need to move. I have been waking up around 3am for a bit- but the twitchiness is bothering me. I manage to get to sleep but the twitchiness wakes me up each time. Any lights and sounds wake me too. I feel like I have loads of energy or something. If I dream about moving my body moves too- it’s like I lack dopamine. I take the tablet in the morning - so I don’t think it has a stimulating effect. I was taking magnesium in the evening - I may try this again x

I just want to add - I don’t have the twitching all day- just at what I call the witching hour- 5am-6am- when my cortisol levels are high I think x

Sleep deprivation is horrible - I got less than 6 hours last night and the thought of going into work has me almost in tears. If I didn't have an important meeting today I'd probably be seriously considering taking a sickie.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Sleep deprivation is horrible - I got less than 6 hours last night and the thought of going into work has me almost in tears. If I didn't have an important meeting today I'd probably be seriously considering taking a sickie.
    Aw BlueIris- I am sorry to hear that. Do you know why you slept only 6 hours. 6 hours is a normal night for me- I rarely go above that. But I still am a manager in a shop - so you can do it too xxxx

Can I join the 6 hour club as well?
    I'm generally getting 6.5 hrs per night sleep with that wake up at 3am like you Mrs M.
    This is a far cry from my 9 hours sleep last year, which was probably too much then.
    My sleep is very restless too and dreaming a lot.
    Last night I was a producer of a show in my dream, so I was stressed and tired while I was sleeping.
    Oh well, it's all in the hands of the Universe. Well that's what my affirmations keep telling me.

Oh my, so much chat to catch up on in the last 24 hrs on here. I can't keep up.

Mrs M, you are a Manager of retail, I think you said?
    That's not always as glamorous as it sounds. I too have been managerial most of my life and I found it difficult to have that friendship relationship with the staff because you can't be a boss and a mate at the same time, it just doesn't work like that. The only time it worked for me was when I was a landlady in our pub, because I wasn't a boss to the punters.
    The reason I'm bringing this up is because I wonder whether you are getting any satisfaction from your job?
    Your work life is important, it can affect everything around it and work can sometimes be a lonely place.

Blue, I know you have issues at your workplace, but I think you mentioned you enjoy the job itself, it's the politics that go with it. It's a shame when that happens, it spoils the whole picture. x

What I'm trying to say is anxiety and depression isn't just about having it, it is affected by what is going on in your life. Maybe the mundane of a daily routine, hassle and stress at work, no social contact, family problems, financial problems.
    We need to look at our lives to see what we can change to give ourselves a better life too. x

Hi Carnation,

sorry for the delayed reply. I will get back to you in full ASAP but I just wanted to say thank you for your lovely message xxxx

I agree re sleep. I seem to get to sleep ok but then wake up early hours usually managing to get back to sleep but wake up early at around 5 with a start feeling really anxious. I can calm that down now reasonably quickly but it’s a very unpleasant way to wake up. I also sleep lightly too - my Fitbit says most of my sleep is light sleep. Had a disastrous morning today - I was going to be at home so thought I would start reducing the lorazepam and just take one dose instead of two. I had a wave of physical anxiety which I haven’t had for a while but recovered from that and listened to Claire Weekes but then went to yoga felt anxious all the way through. We did breath work at the end and that set off my shortness of breath thing so I got more anxious and then ended up having a panic attack which I also haven’t had for several weeks. Ended up crying, shaky not able to breathe properly and in a complete state. Took the lorazepam but now feeling totally miserable as it was clearly masking a whole lot and now I think that the citalopram hasn’t been working at all �� I’m trying to take heart from PDU saying that it’s early days for AD kick in but I had been feeling better. Other option is it’s benzo withdrawal which is just as bad. Feeling very down.

Told my psychiatrist about the dramas this morning and he said to go up to 30 and try it for 2 weeks and if no significant improvement he would switch to something else.views? Seems pretty soon to me? Scares me because of all the implications - ie this one didn’t work, next one mightn’t etc etc. I’ve gone from feeling pretty positive this morning to the complete opposite end of the scale this afternoon ��

I was given the option to go up - but I think that will increase my anxiety and I want to wait until I have given the 20mg a chance to kick in. But I am definitely not a psychiatrist x

Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread Information