Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeling fed up

Re: Feeling fed up

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn1 View Post
    Ain’t nothing wrong to have faith,without faith,I probably wouldn’t be here today.xx
    yes you have both summed it up well. I know the thought that it could be Bible bashing or become some religious sect is scary- and I want to distance myself from that. Xxx

Sorry, I sort of started the topic..
    I should know it's not good to talk about religion or politics

Anyway, how are you Mrs M?

Hey Carnation

No it was me that took it too far! Let’s end the topics there.

I’m getting there thanks Carnation. I am by no means 100% but I am learning to accept the boredom and lack of motivation) it’s more boredom than depression now). I can function and at times forget. Perhaps this is as good as it gets- so I need to accept that too. Instead of thinking life is full of fun and dancing elephants for entertainment!

How are you doing? How was your birthday? Xxxx

That's a good point Mrs M. Depression can actually be from boredom. But trying to fill your day with yippee and all things nice is pretty hard to achieve. Not impossible, but challenging.

I survived the day Mrs M, you know how it is.
    A new day, a new challenge. x

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    That's a good point Mrs M. Depression can actually be from boredom. But trying to fill your day with yippee and all things nice is pretty hard to achieve. Not impossible, but challenging.

I survived the day Mrs M, you know how it is.
    A new day, a new challenge. x
    yes it was my birthday last Saturday (9/11) - and I think it made depressed. Everyone was coming around giving me presents and expecting me to be happy- but I didn’t feel happy- and then I felt guilty and ungrateful. Maybe because I was fighting how I felt- it felt more intense. Some days I think - when will this all end? But there will be an end - one day xxxx

I know exactly how you felt Mrs M.
    It's so hard to force being happy, almost as if we do not deserve to be. Happiness should come naturally and our anxiety should naturally disappear.

That’s true- we must keep hope and we will get there in the end xxxx

Hi all had a hard weekend - very up and down. Lots of tears and a panic attack on Friday after yoga! And freaking out in the middle of night about schizophrenia as some guy had has put up post about anxiety and strange feelings and someone said look up S! But did have a nice dinner with friends on sat night where I felt almost normal (I think that was the wine!) then back to anxiety and tears yesterday and this morning. At least I can sort of function now but just wish I could feel happy and relaxed again. I can’t seem to get rid of the shortness of breath thing which just everything so much harder. Can’t believe it takes months for these damn things to work!

Does no one else get worried about all the research that says the ADs do work within 4-6 weeks? I’m fact I saw one that said if no response within 2 weeks then you should increase or shift as it’s a marker that they won’t work! I know on shouldn’t have succumbed to googling but I did and now I’m paying for it �� Another one said that it appeared that SSRIs worked in anxiety first and depression much later but they don’t seem to have worked on either for me after 5 weeks

I think those statistics are wrong and probably relate to when you take the AD for the first time. If you read better days diary on fluoxetine - you’ll see what seems to be the normal pattern. On my third time on ADs, it took about 10 weeks- but I had good days in between xxxx

Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread Information