Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeling fed up

Re: Feeling fed up

That's because you are still thinking about it while doing these things. You need to find something that really takes your mind off of the thinking, something you maybe not used to doing that you normally do as second nature.
    A new hobby maybe, quiz programmes on TV.
    Nothing lasts forever and the way you feel at the moment won't either. x

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsmitchell1984 View Post
    I’m also scared that the medication will not work.
    Then you switch to another. Fluoxetine isn't the only AD, and switching to another SSRI doesn't mean you start over again from the beginning. You will have built up some 'credit' while on fluoxetine.

Hey Mrs Mitch so you do got a Mr.Mitch first time in 4 shreds you mentioned him. I hope he is giving you all the understanding and support you need

Hi Mrs Mitchell - perhaps you and I can help each get through this! I feel exactly like you. Today is day 7 for me on citalopram. This is my second time - and I too am having all those negative catastrophic thoughts - the biggest one of which is that it won’t wirk and I will be stuck feeling like forever which I couldn’t handle. I also have a husband and 3 children and am very conscious of the impact of this on them. As Ian says we just need to take one day at a time and be patient. I am thinking of you 💕

Hi all thank you for your lovely messages of support which is really desperately needed right now.

I am shocked at how bad life feels right now. I have not had any bad thing happen in my life- such as a bereavement or anything like that- but yet I feel like it has happened- it does make sense why I should be feeling so bad.

I know I need to be patient - and it is hard when every moment is torture.

PDU that is reassuring as I thought that I’d have to try FLU for 12 weeks (which seems like an eternity) and then have to try others for that period of time too - which means being ill for months - almost a year. It seems like the longest,darkest road in the world.

Windywel- yes we can help each other through. How are you feeling today. I am on day 5 - so you must be on day 8 now. Are you taking the therapeutic dose of citalopram?

Thing is before I took the meds- I used to have normal evenings- where I almost felt better. But now I don’t even have that to look forward too. It’s just utter torture x

So I have had loads of people ask to meet me today and I just can’t face it.

So many people have told me that they care about me and I have all that anyone could want - but I still feel awful. It doesn’t make any sense. X

I have been on 10mg for 5 day now- so I really have to wait for 7 days before I go on to 20mg??

I feel like I am just wasting time as 20mg is the therapeutic dose. What is the point of the 10mg??

The doc said 10mg at first to avoid side effects but I’m sure 2 days earlier shouldn’t make that much of a difference x

I think you should follow your GP's instructions, Sally. Fluoxetine is very activating and starting on the therapeutic dose too soon might make you feel a lot more anxious.

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information