Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeling fed up

Re: Feeling fed up

Thanks Pulisa- that is good advice x

So day 5 of 10mg of fluoxetine.

I had a day off of work today (was too don’t know what’s going on- I just wasn’t on the rota today).

I had quite a bad night of sleep and when I got up this morning I wondered how I would find the energy to take him to school. I gave him two yoghurts for breakfast (bad mother). He wanted eggs but I couldn’t face the smell of them.

I managed to take him to school. I was supposed to meet my cousin for coffee today which I arranged to ensure the day has some structure. She is also going through anxiety and depression but finds it easier to accept them and distract herself. I wish I could be like her. She sees them as temporary nuisances and manages to put on a front and says they usually sod off in the end. Why can’t I be like that?? Maybe I have it worse than her - or maybe I make it worse for myself??

Anyway, I cancelled as I just wanted to crawl under a blanket and sleep the free time away. I managed to sleep for a couple of hours but then woke up and realised I was still stuck in this nightmare.

I think I definitely feel worse on the pills. Usually the evening would be slightly better- but now the mornings are not so bad but it’s levelled itself out for the entire day.

I just want this nightmare to be over. I feel awful every second of the day.

I managed to pick my son up from school and now I have plonked him in front of the tv. I have had a letter from the school asking for us to do shoe boxes for the poor - filled with toys and it just feels too much. I have become completed self centred and stuck on thinking of myself only.

I guess I just need some encouragement (again) that this will get better. I don’t know if this is me getting worse of side effects.

Also - I am guessing it is possible that the anti histamines- which I take for sleep as they make you feel drowsy- could be making me feel worse. I don’t know what to do x

Please don't take this the wrong way but I feel you may be making things worse for yourself by documenting your day on here. You say that you have become self-centred which is a good thing to admit because you know how easy it is to fall into this trap which ultimately keeps you stuck in a depressive cycle. There are no real answers to this as you know other than to get through the hours and hope that tomorrow is easier x

Thanks Pulisa. Yes you are right - it probably is making things worse. I just feel like I can get it out of my system a bit - but yes it will keep me focussed on myself.

It’s just getting through the hours - like you say x

Is this normal?

I just can’t even function anymore - the thought of getting up and getting ready is too much - but also the thought of sitting around and doing nothing is torture too.

Has anyone experienced this on Fluoxetine?

I’m really desperate

I know you are all getting fed up with me and I am really sorry. I am just having a really hard time of it right now x

It's okay, and I'm sorry you're having such a rough time.

What I've found is that it's essential to strike a balance between not pushing yourself too hard and not pushing yourself at all. Is there any chance you'd be able to make it out of the house today, or plan some sort of a treat for yourself?

Thank you Blueiris,

I think I will go for a walk for a bit just to get out.

I don’t know if what I am feeling are side effects or just plain old rubbish feeling.

I am on day 6 of 10mg of fluoxetine.

Many thanks,

Sally

I think it could well be the side effects if you feel like a "caged lion" but don't know what to do with yourself? You definitely have to make a plan for the day-get out of the house if only for a walk while you make up your mind what to do? It's the worst thing just sitting around even if you were able to do this- I never can as I need to move.

Mornings are bad because it's the prospect of the entire day spanning out before you and the panic of how to get through it...But you will somehow. Can you talk to Mr M? x

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information