Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: Feeling fed up

Re: Feeling fed up

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Is there such a thing as mild bipolar?
    Pulisa, I never got a chance to thank you for your lovely comment at the end of my anxiety thread- it was really kind - thank you x

Hi Ian,

if I do manage to get my mits in the buspar, how long would I need to take it for and at what sort of dose- I can imagine my doctor won’t have a clue about this.

When I read through this thread, I have definitely made a big improvement - I am wondering if I am expecting too much from the fluoxetine? My only issue now is waking up with a lower abdomen pain, feeling hot and sick. This could be a genuine physical symptom. Get rid of this and I would be where I want to be.

Best wishes,

sally

I don't think buspirone is prescribed anymore in the UK, Sally but you do seem to be doing pretty well and have certainly made great progress. You've probably done all the work yourself regardless of the fluoxetine. The placebo effect can be very powerful and is certainly a factor with SSRIs.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I don't think buspirone is prescribed anymore in the UK, Sally but you do seem to be doing pretty well and have certainly made great progress. You've probably done all the work yourself regardless of the fluoxetine. The placebo effect can be very powerful and is certainly a factor with SSRIs.
    Thanks Pulisa- your words are always very encouraging x

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsmitchell1984 View Post
    if I do manage to get my mits in the buspar, how long would I need to take it for and at what sort of dose-
    20-30mg/ day taken in 2-3 split doses because buspirone has a very short half-life. It will take a few weeks to take full effect. You may need to take it as long as you're on fluoxetine, but try weaning off after 3 months from when it begins working to see whether you still need it.

When I read through this thread, I have definitely made a big improvement - I am wondering if I am expecting too much from the fluoxetine?
    It's impossible for me to put myself into your position, Sally, so this is something only you can decide. How are you doing compared to the last time you were on fluoxetine?

My only issue now is waking up with a lower abdomen pain, feeling hot and sick. This could be a genuine physical symptom. Get rid of this and I would be where I want to be.
    Have you had this checked out? One of the traps with these disorders is to think that every unusual symptom is due to the meds we're taking. Some may be, but we are at least as prone to all the maladies of humanity as everyone else. If in any doubt get a medical opinion asap.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    20-30mg/ day taken in 2-3 split doses because buspirone has a very short half-life. It will take a few weeks to take full effect. You may need to take it as long as you're on fluoxetine, but try weaning off after 3 months from when it begins working to see whether you still need it.

It's impossible for me to put myself into your position, Sally, so this is something only you can decide. How are you doing compared to the last time you were on fluoxetine?

Have you had this checked out? One of the traps with these disorders is to think that every unusual symptom is due to the meds we're taking. Some may be, but we are at least as prone to all the maladies of humanity as everyone else. If in any doubt get a medical opinion asap.
    Thanks again for your advice. I will try the buspirone and see how I get on- if I can get it.

I don’t think I am where I was when I tried fluoxetine the other times. There is usually a sudden switch and I am ok- but I have not had this yet - but there has been some improvement.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread Information