Thread: What can i do except to go crazy?

What can i do except to go crazy?

Hello everyone.

My name is sammi, i'm 19 been on this site for about 2 and a half months.

i haven't been diagnosed but i know that i have health anxiety and at the beginning after my first panic attack i thought i was fine untill the next one, but even after then i got lots of information, learnt to understand about anxiety and managed to control most of it, i haven't had a bad panic attack for ages now.

But now its getting overly obsessed, i annoy everybody around me everytime i ask them if i'm ok or tell them that i don't want to die.

I scare myself into a huge frenzy over nothing at all. its getting bad and i don't know how to stop, i don't know how to convince myself that i'm ok, people can tell me blue till they are blue in the face that theres nothing wrong but its me that has to believe and i can't.

any help, tips, advice. where do i go to stop it or am i just going crazy and headed for the loony bin??

if u get here you are wonderful people thanks for reading

bless you

xxxx

AND YOU'LL HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE

p.s not too much though, be HAPPY

Re: What can i do except to go crazy?

hey sammie you arent going to go in a loony bin if you are i am havnt you been to the docs to grt any help i cant give you any advise sammy cus i got health anxiety to and trying deal with it is tyring. you are not alone if i could wave a magic wand i would and free us all of it .tc sammie you can always speak to meelaine xxxxxx

Hi there Sammi,

First of all remember your not alone , lots of us have HA on this site. I would go to your doc and tell him /her how your feeling , when I went I ended up just going to pieces as it was a huge relief to explain how I was feeling.
    They may recommend CBT or even some medication to help you through this rough patch.
    I've sufferred from this for a while now and with me its the fear of getting some incurable disease and dying form it, some days its worse than others, but the help and support from this site has been invaluable to me especially on the bad days.
    It is getting better slowly but its a long uphill battle, you will get there and you are pretty young to be going through life with this hanging over you, so definately see your doc and don't suffer in silence.
    Remember we are all here for you on this site , whether you want to rant and rave , get some advice or just chat, and feel free to pm me anytime.
    Let me know how you get on when you've been to the doctors and take care in the meantime.

shirley xx

looney people dont know they are LOONEY.

you need to talk to get it out of your system , keep talking.

Thanks everybody for your replies,

Thanks elaine, you have been a really big rock for me the times i come here in a mad state and i know things with you are hard aswell. And i get sent to the loony bin, i'll be glad if u are there with me aswell lol but we won't go there.

Thank you to shirley, I appreciate that you took your time to reply, it is a great reassurance to have someone, help and give guidance. I have not yet been to my doc for help just for reassurance, but am plucking up the courage for getting proper help. i know that meds seem to be a good idea and can effecivly help but alas i'm scared of them and would much rather know i have the strength in me. so i think cbt and counselling might be my option.
    I'm glad that you are on your way to recovery, and that you can get the advice and help you need, you give us inspiration to believe in a way out, or up the mountain it seems. thanks again for your reply, i guess i just needed to know that maybe one day i can wake up and think i'm me again. no worries.

and mirry a thank you for your short sweet reply! i've tried talking, its just frustrating that this is the only place i can talk. my family is annoyed at me and my dic is all booked up most of the time. and my b/f god bless him, cause i think he's a saint i don't want to bother with this anymore.

but i'm glad at least i have somewhere to rant.

just wish there was something i could do myself that can get rid of the thoughts!!!

xxx

AND YOU'LL HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE

p.s not too much though, be HAPPY

SammiB

Consider this, this site is full of people that have anxiety problems, some of whom (infact probably most) at some point think they are going crazy. I haven't seen or heard yet on this forum of one who DID! As Mirry posted, crazy people don't have a clue they are crazy, in fact they are probably easier in the mind than we are!

Keep this in mind, if you think you are going crazy, there's a good chance you're not. Rational thought processes such as, I'm going crazy, prove you are rational and therefore not crazy. Simple logic ... and I'm very simple
    Last edited by Shiloh; 25-09-07 at 20:32. Reason: typo!!!!

Thread Information