Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Restless and agitated on quetiapine

Re: Restless and agitated on quetiapine

Hope you’re doing ok DS. I’m currently one week into increasing to 100mg. Last week was great but have been feeling low again this last couple of days, not sure if it’s just the increase settling in, PMT or both it’s so annoying that every time I have a dip I can’t seem to reassure myself that it’s normal. I just have this overwhelming sensation that I’m sliding backwards again. I’m seeing the CMHT this afternoon so maybe some nervous feelings about that too.

Hey Jo. I understand the whole "plateauing" feeling, and it's hard to know if you need to increase or if it's just a blip. How did you get on with the CMHT? Was it your first appointment? I'm up to 500mg quetiapine now and supposed to be going up to 600. I'm still being "assessed" by the CMHT and caught in the middle of two psychiatrists until they decide who's in charge.

My appointment went well, I met a lovely lady from the psychological services team who is going to book me in for a course of mindfulness based cognitive therapy. I’ve always been a bit sceptical about this kind of thing but I’m willing to keep an open mind and try it out. She said that the course they run at CMHT is recommended by NICE and very effective at preventing anxiety and depression coming back in people who have suffered multiple relapses as I have. She’s given me some stuff to read and so far it sounds very interesting.

http://mbct.co.uk/

just in case anyone is reading this and is interested here’s the link to the website she gave me

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mindful-Way...s%2C147&sr=8-1
    and this this the book recommendation, the first few pages sound amazingly like me

I’ve just gone through my mood journal and worked out the number of good days I’ve had each month since July....

July 0%
    August 10%
    September 20%
    October 50%
    November 60%

it’s taking a while, but I’m happy with that

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Jo79 View Post
    My appointment went well, I met a lovely lady from the psychological services team who is going to book me in for a course of mindfulness based cognitive therapy. I’ve always been a bit sceptical about this kind of thing but I’m willing to keep an open mind and try it out. She said that the course they run at CMHT is recommended by NICE and very effective at preventing anxiety and depression coming back in people who have suffered multiple relapses as I have. She’s given me some stuff to read and so far it sounds very interesting.

http://mbct.co.uk/

just in case anyone is reading this and is interested here’s the link to the website she gave me

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mindful-Way...s%2C147&sr=8-1
    and this this the book recommendation, the first few pages sound amazingly like me
    That's a very positive attitude, Jo, and I hope this therapy helps. Mindfulness acts to "reset" our chattering and catastrophising minds but requires practice, persistence and determination.

Sure you will do well

Never Surrender, Comrade

That sounds really positive Jo, and you have evidence of your improvement which will hopefully reinforce it. Good luck with the MCBT. With practice, it's supposed to be very helpful. Let us know how you get on

Thanks KK and DS, I am looking forward to it, not starting until the new year so need to do a bit of research beforehand

I have had a really weird day today. I’ve been on 100mg for two weeks now and woke up this morning feeling really spaced out like I’ve not quite woken up. I thought it would wear off after a shower but I’v felt like this most of today, just completely numb and can’t keep my eyes open. Is this normal after two weeks??

I'm not sure it would be the meds and wonder if you just had an "off" day. The only thing is, if I don't get enough sleep on quetiapine I can definitely tell. I'll not just be tired, I'll be exhausted. Could it be that maybe?

It could have been a particularly bad day, I’ve not been great all week, really sad and irritable. This weekend has been tough especially as OH is bedridden with flu so I’m looking after him as well as keeping my 4 year old entertained...hard enough even when you’re ok!

I’m all out of diazepam so I went into the pharmacy yesterday to ask for some phenergan to help with the agitation I get with these blips. Once I mentioned the meds I’m taking he wouldn’t give me any, said they would stop the meds working properly. Suggested I try Kalms instead. I got home and the packet says do not take if you’re taking meds for anxiety. I’m hoping PDU sees this as I’m not sure whether to take them now 😒

Ive also found pharmacists are super cautious once they hear the word quetiapine. Sorry things are difficult at home right now. That must be tough. I think quetiapine does add to feeling irritable, at least that's what I'm finding. Hopefully PDU will see your post and can advise on the kalms.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information