Thread: Magnesium, Zinc, VB6, ZMA?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Magnesium, Zinc, VB6, ZMA?

Anyone tried this for anxiety? I generally used it for muscle building but I believe all the ingredients in ZMA are useful for anxiety

Re: Magnesium, Zinc, VB6, ZMA?

You might want to search for ZMA and posts by MrAndy as he used to use it and found benefits. It's something I've rarely seen mentioned on here and I remember Andy talking about it a few times.

Other than that there are certainly plenty of good magnesium threads about and some on B. So, you could try to assess the beenfits of magnesium from those and compare what is in ZMA.

But remember it's not magnesium you are looking for, it's "elemental" magnesium. UK manufacturers don't have to publish it on their products and many even say the value of the product equals the elemental value (e.g. magensium citrate 300mg so elemental is 300mg) which is bogus as the overal product is a combination and elemental levels are always lower. Some are very low (some magnesium taurate products are very low because they have prioritised the taurine). There are ways you can work this out so if you need more info just let me know as I have some posts that explain it all in more detail with links to other sites that I learnt from.

Tried ZMA friday night and slept like a baby, bought Magnesium citrate yesterday and its tore the stomach out of me.

I think that's what Andy said he found from it too.

Citrate is prescribed by doctors as a laxative for that very reason. When you go above a certain level you can expect your GI to loosen up. It is a good form when it comes to bioavailability but you might have to spread it out over the day to reduce the impact on your GI. Bare in mind citrate also comes in two forms and magnesium content differs.

Probably stay away from oxide too. It's cheap and on every supermarket shelf but as with all salt forms they don't digest well. And oxide just turns to Milk of Magnesia when it hits the oxygen in your stomach (it changes from oxide to another form).

Hi

what is ZMA?
    I have also bought some magnesium and vit B12 to try to fight anxiety more naturally but magnesium just gave me bad stomach and I already have that thanks to my anxiety .
    Just wondered what the other thing is as never heard of it.

ZMA got something to do with melatonin. Aids sleep. Good for jetlag and popular with muscle heads who believes it encourage muscle growth while asleep.

It's one of them gigs which may work for some folk but not for others

Thread Information