Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Oxygen was at 83....

Re: Oxygen was at 83....

BIN THE METER!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo27 View Post
    Yes I’m pretty sure it was correctly positioned so I don’t think it was was that. So I guess I need to go get it checked out then even though it’s normal now still could be something wrong..
    Up to you. My guess would be that the reading was inaccurate, but of course I can't say for sure. My sats were 90 once after surgery and I felt very breathless, so I'd tend to think you'd be quite unwell if it was an accurate reading. Still, it's your call. We're not doctors, so you'll have to decide what you think is best.

(p.s. Bin the monitor)

So what happened with your previous post - no update on there

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Because im having shortness of breath off and on. Is it not possible my O2 levels is going real low and going back up like fluctuating? I’m also feeling a little lightheaded too..
    Extremely unlikely, IMO. Sounds like anxiety, it happens to me all the time. If your doc didn't suggest buying an oxygen monitor and using it, get rid of it.

I’ve been dealing with feeling shortness of breath off and on awhile now. While I was driving I put the pulse ox meter on my finger and it read 83 but then I took it off and did it again and it was 97. I’m really worried now do you guys think that warrants a trip to the er? I’ve been really worried that I have pulmonary hypertension....
    If your oxygen was actually that low your lips and fingers would be blue....

Get rid of the damn meter.

Quote Originally Posted by utrocket09 View Post
    If your oxygen was actually that low your lips and fingers would be blue....

Get rid of the damn meter.
    And heading to hospital for emergency treatment not typing on here asking about it on here.

Hypo, if you stepped on some weight scales and they said you were 50lbs and then did it again and they said you were 100lbs wouldn't you know one reading was false? Isn't the presence of anxiety the only reason you have focussed on the lowest reading? Why would you rely on two opposing readings when most people would write them both off and look for more readings to show which is the more likely?

You can't be 50lbs and 100lbs in the same few minutes so why can your oxygen levels be so far apart in that time?

Medical professionals use these types of meters all the time but they know when a reading is bogus and how to respond to it. You clearly don't.

I’m really worried it pulmonary hypertension I have all the symptoms.... The lightheadedness and shortness of breath that’s worse on exertion and severe fatigue. I’m also most certain I have sleep apnea and that is one of the causes of pulmonary hypertension..

I’m really worried it pulmonary hypertension I have all the symptoms.... The lightheadedness and shortness of breath that’s worse on exertion and severe fatigue. I’m also most certain I have sleep apnea and that is one of the causes of pulmonary hypertension..
    Dude... C'mon man... That's such a predictable Hypo27 HA reply How long have you been posting and repeating the same mantra? There has to be some rational part of you that's trying to speak here. Take a listen and tell us what it's saying.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Dude... C'mon man... That's such a predictable Hypo27 HA reply How long have you been posting and repeating the same mantra? There has to be some rational part of you that's trying to speak here. Take a listen and tell us what it's saying.

Positive thoughts
    So you don’t think there’s anyway it’s pulmonary hypertension?

I literally have every symptom the dizzy spells, the chest pressure, the racing heart rate, shortness of breath and severe fatigue.. The only thing I don’t have yet is the swollen ankles which signals heart failure which eventually happens in late stage pulmonary hypertension.

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information