Thread: Oxycodone

Oxycodone

I got a confession to make. I know Ian Panic is gonna rip me a new ******* but I can take it. I only mention this as a warning to other folk but I'd be surprised if anybody needed a warning.

I was taking oxycodone as a recreational drug over a period of a couple of years. I never got physical addiction coz I only took max twice a month but physchologi call addiction yeah.

One reason this stuff is bad shit is because it don't mix well with ADs, benzos and other mental meds. Sure it gives you a high but the following day was the mother of all hangovers. Migraine, constipation, nausea sometimes vomiting, even worse depression and anxiety. I only took coz there was so much on the streets and cheap.

I may not be the sharpest needle in the haystack but even I know that if opium poppies, morphine and heroin are addictive, how could this shit not be. So why was so many docs dishing it out like candy? Sure some docs spoke out against it from the beginning but most kept stumm. You folk here wasn't born yesterday so I don't need to say why.

The fines they gave to Purdue Pharma and Johnson2 are laughable. Folk here don't believe any of that compensation will ever come their way. They should go after some of them docs too. The crazy guy in West Virginia is tip of the iceberg.

Re: Oxycodone

Quote Originally Posted by lebonvin View Post
    I know Ian Panic is gonna rip me a new ******* but I can take it.
    I like it when people know what I would say because then I don't have to actually type it out. Saves wear and tear on my index fingers.

but physchologi call addiction yeah.
    Psychological addiction can sometimes be at least as bad as the physical.

There is a study I like to quote when folk post concerns about becoming dependent, note not addicted, but dependent, on benzodiazepines (BZDs). At the beginning of the study 30 patients required painful, unpleasant major surgery which included partial removal of orgas in many cases to repair damage caused by overuse of a readily available drug. Of that 30, 27 went right back to using the drug after the surgery, with 16 of them subsequently requiring surgery a second time to repair newly induced damage. Thirteen still couldn't stay off the drug even then. One died as a result and 8 had surgery a third time. Four of them were soon back on the drug again, 3 of these died and the other had surgery for the fourth time which proved unsuccessful. Surgeons doing this work now refuse to perform the procedures until patients can demonstrate they have been off the drug for some months.

There would be very few dependent on BZDs who would start taking them again after requiring such surgery once, let alone 2 and 3 times. And that, I suggest, demonstrates the difference between addiction, even psychological addiction, and dependence!

So Q: what is this horrendous drug? It's one that almost certainly everyone reading this has taken at least once in their lives and never thought of as a drug of abuse. Taken in moderation as directed, it isn't. The danger is in how it's used.

A: common, garden variety aspirin. Cheap as chips and available for purchase by the shopping trolley/cart load at a supermarket near you.

I heard that aspirin OD liquifies the liver.
    Is that true?

Very high doses of aspirin taken over a few weeks can injure the liver, but it will usually recover. I think you're referring to paracetamol, aka acetaminophen, which can do a lot of damage from a single large dose and be deadly if not treated quickly.

NOTE: if the above gives anyone an idea, trust me this is not something you want to try. In the UK please call the Samaritans on 116 123 or 08457 90 90 90, in the USA the National Suicide Prevention Hotline on 1-800-273-8255, and Lifeline on 13 11 14 in Australia.

Thread Information