Thread: So worried that I have inflammatory breast cancer.....

So worried that I have inflammatory breast cancer.....

Hello again, I've suffered from HA for about 5 years now- it comes and goes in severity. It constantly shifts from one thing to another, but I've been having actual health issues lately which has escalated things.

I'm 29 years and overweight. About 2 months ago I started paying attention to this red patch on my breast- it's about 2-2.5 inches in diameter and it's a couple inches to the side of my nipple. I feel that I've had it for more than 2 months but didn't quite pay attention to it because my HA wasn't flaring up as badly as it has been recently. It hasn't really changed in appearance that I can notice- not better or worse.

It doesn't hurt at all, it's not really raised, and it's not flaky or scaly- it seems to be the same texture as the rest of my skin. It looks like it's made up of tiny red blood vessels when you look really close. It's been worrying me because, of course I google it and every result comes up as IBC- which I had never even heard of until then. I also noticed that my pores are really noticeable and I saw stuff about the p'eau de orange which is kind of looks like....but it also looks like I have large pores on both breasts.

I have an appointment at the gynecologist on Oct 14 but I can't stop thinking about it, I can't stop looking at it and comparing my breasts.
    /
    Has anyone else had experience with this fear and have any helpful info? Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you.

Re: So worried that I have inflammatory breast cancer.....

I don’t have any experience with this. But I feel your pain in worrying! I am too struck with cancer fears and am spiraling out of control. I barely leave my couch. I have an appt on Tuesday. I’ll pray we both come out on top! Along with everyone else on this board. Good luck!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Oh my gosh, this is exactly what started my HA 2 years ago!!! It turned out to be a fungal infection and some cream off the doctor cleared it up....but it honestly looked exactly as you have described!
    I also googled “red mark on boob” or “rash on boob” and got told by Dr Google that I had IBC! But guess what...I didn’t!
    Another thing to bare in mind is that IBC progresses very fast! If your red mark hasn’t changed for two months, it’s NOT IBC! The redness would have spread like crazy by now, it would be hot to the touch and you’d have swelling.
    I feel your pain, I’ve been there! But this does not sound like IBC!

Hi, couple of weeks a go i started to itch near one of my breast actually in between didn’t think anything of it, at night when I was going to change I notice red patches on both my breast and in between I totally freaked out ... CBT sessions were saying don’t google don’t google HA was saying google google HA won I googled and tbh I scared my self silly i was convinced I had IBC and that’s it had a few weeks to live as it’s mostly incurable. Didn’t sleep all night and managed to see my gp next morning who has one look at it and said it’s a fungal/ dermatitis rash... I was like so it’s not IBC (his aware of my ha) and his like no ... give me some steroid cream sent me my way and rash cleared up in couple of days. Do go to the gp to get them to have a look as you might need medication to clearit .I keep thinking my pores are looking like orange skin but doctors have checked my breast and have said they’re fine

Thank you both so much for replying.... it helped immensely to throw me back into reality. I hope I can keep the anxiety lowered until my appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Allidee View Post
    It hasn't really changed in appearance that I can notice- not better or worse.

It doesn't hurt at all, it's not really raised, and it's not flaky or scaly- it seems to be the same texture as the rest of my skin. It looks like it's made up of tiny red blood vessels when you look really close.
    Hi what your describing could also be Telangiectasia is a condition in which widened venules (tiny blood vessels) cause threadlike red lines or patterns on the skin. These patterns, or telangiectases, form gradually and often in clusters. They're sometimes known as “spider veins” because of their fine and web like appearance.

I've had this on mine and they can lighten up over time, they're totally benign.

Thread Information