Hi
i ve been suffering from anxiety & some agoraphobia for about 15 years now, in that time I was on Citalopram twice.
came off it nearly 2 years ago with some emotional ups & downs but was doing quite well for about a year , then the anxiety started to slowly creep in again and escalated with my holidays back in July , now I just can’t shake it off at all .
i ve done self referral through italk as recommended by GP so currently reading through the online CBT module , however I feel bit sceptical about it as I have done face to face CBT before ( which back than helped to a point ) but now I feel like I know what it will say and the thought of doing gradual exposure therapy ... well let’s just say I don’t have it in me right now.
So I feel like maybe it might be for the best if I went back on AD’s. So that would be my third time, now I ve read few posts on here that re starting AD’s leads to reduction in how they work or I might need higher dose.
has anyone on here ever restarted meds for third time and did the AD’s work for them ?
Thanks
M