Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Neuropathy

Neuropathy

Friday evening I went for a walk and noticed a sharp burning pain on the top of my foot, above my toes and below my ankle. It went away as fast as it came but my foot felt really tender. I didn’t think anymore of it until Saturday when I sat awkwardly then I felt it again but again it disappeared quickly. Yesterday morning when I woke up my anxiety was awful and I’m sure it hurt for about an hour before I drifted off to sleep and I didn’t feel it any more then today it’s constantly on my mind and it hurts when I walk, it hurts more when I take the weight off my foot. I also have planter fasciitis in the same foot so I’m wondering if I’m walking awkwardly because I’m thinking about it. I’m worried it’s diabetes relate It mentions it in my diabetes book the dr gave me and describes it was a burning pain. I was diagnosed in May with an HbA1c of 56 and my HbA1c was back to normal at 38 in August.

Re: Neuropathy

I have neuropathy in my feet from chemo treatment. What you describe is nothing like what I experience.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

What's up bake,

You could always run this by your doctor if it continues to bother you. That said, I would think it would be related to the planter fascitis or just irritated from walking or being on your feet. You've done a great job lowering your HbA1c to normal levels. Neuropathy typically occurs due to years of uncontrolled diabetes which doesn't sound like you. Give it a few days and see if it gets better.

Take care

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I have neuropathy in my feet from chemo treatment. What you describe is nothing like what I experience.

Positive thoughts
    Me too, from Cisplatin, nasty stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Yourboymj99 View Post
    What's up bake,

You could always run this by your doctor if it continues to bother you. That said, I would think it would be related to the planter fascitis or just irritated from walking or being on your feet. You've done a great job lowering your HbA1c to normal levels. Neuropathy typically occurs due to years of uncontrolled diabetes which doesn't sound like you. Give it a few days and see if it gets better.

Take care
    That sounds like a good culprit. It depends if this continues as it could just be walking and something the body will heal on it's own. But if it is PF then it's quite easy to deal with and cheap with something like one of those sock supports. When my mum had it and could barely put weight on it this cleared it up for her.

Quote Originally Posted by hlvd View Post
    Me too, from Cisplatin, nasty stuff!
    Yep... same here.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks for the replies. I’ve got one of those sock supports so I’m going to try that and putting ice on it for a few days and fingers crossed it will start to improve. Thanks again for the replies

I'm going to ask the question.

How old are you?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    That sounds like a good culprit. It depends if this continues as it could just be walking and something the body will heal on it's own. But if it is PF then it's quite easy to deal with and cheap with something like one of those sock supports. When my mum had it and could barely put weight on it this cleared it up for her.
    I had a bout of Plantar Fascitis, cured it by wearing shoes indoors instead of socked feet and getting decent arch support insoles from Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pain has improved so much this week I’ve been using a support sock and ibuprofen gel and it’s now more of a tingle than anything else, I wonder if this could just be it healing? I’ve thought my foot felt a little numb at times but I think it’s my anxiety, I’ve really struggled this week but I’m trying to tell myself if it was anything serious it would be constant and not come and go. I’ve been given an anxiety work book by my dr so I think it would be a good idea for me to do a few chapters of this and see how I go.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information