Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Neuropathy

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    306

    Neuropathy

    Friday evening I went for a walk and noticed a sharp burning pain on the top of my foot, above my toes and below my ankle. It went away as fast as it came but my foot felt really tender. I didnít think anymore of it until Saturday when I sat awkwardly then I felt it again but again it disappeared quickly. Yesterday morning when I woke up my anxiety was awful and Iím sure it hurt for about an hour before I drifted off to sleep and I didnít feel it any more then today itís constantly on my mind and it hurts when I walk, it hurts more when I take the weight off my foot. I also have planter fasciitis in the same foot so Iím wondering if Iím walking awkwardly because Iím thinking about it. Iím worried itís diabetes relate It mentions it in my diabetes book the dr gave me and describes it was a burning pain. I was diagnosed in May with an HbA1c of 56 and my HbA1c was back to normal at 38 in August.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    19,965

    Re: Neuropathy

    I have neuropathy in my feet from chemo treatment. What you describe is nothing like what I experience.

    Positive thoughts
    __________________
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

    The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    65

    Re: Neuropathy

    What's up bake,

    You could always run this by your doctor if it continues to bother you. That said, I would think it would be related to the planter fascitis or just irritated from walking or being on your feet. You've done a great job lowering your HbA1c to normal levels. Neuropathy typically occurs due to years of uncontrolled diabetes which doesn't sound like you. Give it a few days and see if it gets better.

    Take care

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    29

    Re: Neuropathy

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I have neuropathy in my feet from chemo treatment. What you describe is nothing like what I experience.

    Positive thoughts
    Me too, from Cisplatin, nasty stuff!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    22,631

    Re: Neuropathy

    Quote Originally Posted by Yourboymj99 View Post
    What's up bake,

    You could always run this by your doctor if it continues to bother you. That said, I would think it would be related to the planter fascitis or just irritated from walking or being on your feet. You've done a great job lowering your HbA1c to normal levels. Neuropathy typically occurs due to years of uncontrolled diabetes which doesn't sound like you. Give it a few days and see if it gets better.

    Take care
    That sounds like a good culprit. It depends if this continues as it could just be walking and something the body will heal on it's own. But if it is PF then it's quite easy to deal with and cheap with something like one of those sock supports. When my mum had it and could barely put weight on it this cleared it up for her.
    __________________
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For free Mindfulness resources, please see this thread I have created to compile many sources together http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=168689

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    19,965

    Re: Neuropathy

    Quote Originally Posted by hlvd View Post
    Me too, from Cisplatin, nasty stuff!
    Yep... same here.

    Positive thoughts
    __________________
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

    The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    306

    Re: Neuropathy

    Thanks for the replies. Iíve got one of those sock supports so Iím going to try that and putting ice on it for a few days and fingers crossed it will start to improve. Thanks again for the replies

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,844

    Re: Neuropathy

    I'm going to ask the question.

    How old are you?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    29

    Re: Neuropathy

    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    That sounds like a good culprit. It depends if this continues as it could just be walking and something the body will heal on it's own. But if it is PF then it's quite easy to deal with and cheap with something like one of those sock supports. When my mum had it and could barely put weight on it this cleared it up for her.
    I had a bout of Plantar Fascitis, cured it by wearing shoes indoors instead of socked feet and getting decent arch support insoles from Amazon.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    306

    Re: Neuropathy

    The pain has improved so much this week Iíve been using a support sock and ibuprofen gel and itís now more of a tingle than anything else, I wonder if this could just be it healing? Iíve thought my foot felt a little numb at times but I think itís my anxiety, Iíve really struggled this week but Iím trying to tell myself if it was anything serious it would be constant and not come and go. Iíve been given an anxiety work book by my dr so I think it would be a good idea for me to do a few chapters of this and see how I go.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Peroneal neuropathy
    By Cathy c 123 in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20-07-17, 03:57
  2. Peripheral Neuropathy
    By DaisyP in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-02-15, 19:44
  3. Neuropathy
    By ReMe in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-12-14, 20:44
  4. Peripheral neuropathy?
    By Wezzo in forum Symptoms
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18-08-14, 13:06
  5. Peripheral Neuropathy ...
    By BNCfan in forum Symptoms
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 24-11-09, 23:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •