Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else had terrible increased anxiety for 2 or 3 weeks after starting citalopram

Re: Need some reassurance please!

Aw I know exactly how you feel. They do make us feel much worse and so it feels strange carrying on with it when it makes you feel so bad.

On top of that you are having to make decisions about your treatment and doctors. It’s a bit much - perhaps your husband should be making the decisions and take the strain off of you a bit.

How old are your children?

I have a four year old son and I have to take him to school in a bit and it’s taking me all the strength in the world to do it whilst shaking like mad.

My biggest challenge is that time seems to be going so slow- I just want to be at the stage when the kick in-at the same time we both have holidays coming up and that is putting pressure on us too.

I know - the holiday thing does feel like huge pressure. My kids are 16,13 and 8 so a bit older than yours. Old to enough to understand that things aren’t right with me. Did you have this every time you’ve been on the FLU? Do you think going up 5 mg could make the anxiety peak again? I was feeling a bit better yesterday afternoon until the serotonin syndrome thing. I really appreciate you making such an effort to make me feel better when you are feeling so bad

I am happy to help- it makes me feel less alone when I know there is someone else thinking and feeling the same.

I wish someone would read this though and give us some inspiration. Like there is light at the end of the tunnel and it will get better.

How are your kids handling it? I guess at least you can explain it to them x

Are you feeling a bit better this afternoon x

I have felt bad the last 2 occasions I want on FLU. This is my 4th time - so there is a huge chance it may not even work the time which is making me feel very bad. It reduces by 25% each time- so 25% x 4 is likely it will not work. PDU- that is what you said wasn’t it?

I do know some people that have been on FLU lots of times though and it has worked for them every time. So I am holding on to that.

However, I think PDU has been on a medication 4 times and it has worked each time. Maybe at a slightly higher dosage or it took longer each time x

But you are in a better position Windywel as you have only taken it once before so it should work for you this time.

How did you feel on the Citalopram last time? X

Hi sorry had to go to the shops to get dog food. The cit helped so much last time once it kicked in and I can’t really remember the beginning. I was so bad before I started it last time that we might not have noticed much difference. I do remember it was pretty hard though and I was so pleased when it finally started working. I’m sure it will work for you. Someone else posted somewhere that they knew someone who had been on flu heaps of times and it had always worked and as PDU said there are lots of other options. We need to stay positive and remember it’s two weeks from the therapeutic side before it starts working properly xx

Wow you went out and got some dog food- I wouldn’t not have just been able to go out and do that- well done you.

Have you decided what you are going to do about the docs? X

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread Information