Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else had terrible increased anxiety for 2 or 3 weeks after starting citalopram

Re: Need some reassurance please!

My husband was out and the kids were back so no choice but to cook dinner and take my daughter to the supermarket. Sometimes those things actually help I find as they normalise things a bit - otherwise I just feel really strange like this big thing is happening just to me while everything else goes on as normal. I try to put a brave face on with the kids as the two younger ones always worry a lot when I’m sick. I think it’s all just wearing me down as I’m not sleeping or eating properly. Have cancelled the doc appointment tomorrow and will try and go back to the old GP. Can’t bear to go through all my history again at the moment with someone new. I can always change once things are under control. Is your husband worried? I find it hard when I know he is worrying about me.

Hey Yes it is good to do things. I have a day off of work today and I am just feeling like the time is dragging- I am wondering how much longer I can cope feeling like this.

I have to work tomorrow and I am really worried about going in.

How are you feeling? Has the evening made you feel a bit better?

When are you seeing your old doctor?

X

I’m not eating properly either.

How are things sleep wise with you? I think the anti histamine is helping me sleep x

Hi sleep is terrible last two nights. I’m so tired but I can’t sleep and now I’m having a panic attack about not being able to sleep. They can always give you something to sleep can’t they? You can’t survive without sleep so I won’t be able to keep going this

Are you there? Any advice to help calm me down? It’s an awful feeling - being so so tired but just not actually being able to sleep. I’ll have to go to the doctor tomorrow to try and get sons sleeping tablets

Hi Windywel- I am so sorry I worried you about the sleep. Were you able to sleep? Yes they can give you an antihistamine with drowsy side effects to help you sleep. Also, the citalopram should eventually work on the sleep problem - even though it tends to give people insomnia at first 🙈

Hi Sally it’s 2am and haven’t been to sleep yet. Have taken .5 of lorazepam and will see what that dies. Do feel a little calmer but not sure whether it will be enough to put me into dreamland. At least I’ve stopped trembling like I was before. How is your day going?

Insomnia another one of those pesky side effects I didn’t have before! Even though I was anxious and a bit down before the meds I was sleeping pretty well. Why are we putting ourselves through this? Do they really make Ilya feel better or just better then the first few weeks of being on them

That’s what I wonder sometimes- why are we doing it to ourselves and will it be worth it?

With you I can almost certainly say it will as you have only been on these tablets once - so the probability is still quite good for you - but I do think you should ask about going up to the therapeutic dose. Xxxx

I was reading suemarieeee’s diary of citalopram and it seems she was on her third time- and she has really good results x

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread Information