Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Anyone else had terrible increased anxiety for 2 or 3 weeks after starting citalopram

Re: Need some reassurance please!

Did she have this awful intense anxiety at the start though? At the moment it’s so hard to imagine it going away - it’s auch a physical response. Well the loraz managed to work a bit. It just gently made me feel a bit calmer and finally managed to get to sleep about 2 so would have had almost 5 hours sleep. Better than nothing! Still woke up feeling just as anxious though so it didn’t last long. Might have to ask for something that lasts a bit longer. It’s so crazy but I have a job interview today! Have no idea how im going to get through that! How was your day Sally? Are you feeling any better?

Wow- I hope your job interview goes well! The good thing about anxiety is that it’ll make you super prepared for the interview. Go knock them dead xxxx

Thanks - can’t imagine how I’m going to get through it at this stage. Last night was too tired and anxious to concentrate so haven’t done any preparation.
    PDU - could going from 10-15mg cause another spike in anxiety? Felt like I was a little better on Sunday afternoon but all back to square one now. It feels like it’s getting better not worse. Really panicking that the fact the anxiety isn’t easing at all means that I’m not going to be able to keep taking the drug as it’s increasing my anxiety instead of easing it. Can you have the awful heightened anxiety for 2 or 3 weeks before it eases, instead of just one?

Quote Originally Posted by Windywel View Post
    PDU - could going from 10-15mg cause another spike in anxiety?
    Unfortunately, yes. But it tends to be less severe that at the beginning and not continue for as long.

Should it stick at 15 for a while or go up to 20 today since I already feel so bad

Anyone else had terrible increased anxiety for 2 or 3 weeks after starting citalopram

hi all
    i am on day 11 today (yesterday and today 15mgs, rest 10) and I still have terrible increased anxiety - much worse than before I started - and now insomnia as well. This is my second time on it and I don’t remember it being like this last time. Im really worried that the fact that it isn’t easing at all means that the meds are just not going to work this time. Just need some good news stories from people where the first few weeks were really bad and then things got better. Thanks heaps.

It does tend to be worse the second time around - I remember the first time I had fluoxetine and it worked pretty much straight away but the second time I had to take a week off of work for the first week x

But after that it got better.

When are you seeing you doctor and how did the interview go? X

Re: Anyone else had terrible increased anxiety for 2 or 3 weeks after starting citalo

Quote Originally Posted by Windywel View Post
    Im really worried that the fact that it isn’t easing at all means that the meds are just not going to work this time.
    The severity of side-effects, or the lack thereof indicate nothing about the likely effectiveness of the med as most are generated by other organs of the body, not the brain.

Re: Anyone else had terrible increased anxiety for 2 or 3 weeks after starting citalo

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information