Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Absolutely terrified.

Absolutely terrified.

To the point I haven't slept for 3 days. Literally.

I've got tingling all up and down my right leg and it's absolutely terrifying me. It can briefly be in my left leg too but it's mainly my right. It seems to settle down when I'm up and walking about but as soon as I sit/lay down it will start again. Its constant and its been going on for just over 2 weeks now.

Google is telling me it's probably MS or a brain tumour and I'm in bits. I'm literally shaking and crying as I type this. I've never felt this low :(

Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated from anybody

Thank you :(

Re: Absolutely terrified.

Please don't panic? It's far more likely to be something completely innocent. Google says EVERYTHING is MS or a brain tumour.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Please don't panic? It's far more likely to be something completely innocent. Google says EVERYTHING is MS or a brain tumour.
    I try and not panic and not think about it but it's just so hard. It's such a horrible feeling. No pain either. Just this constant tingling and it's driving me up the wall.

I keep telling myself "look if you had something like MS or a tumour you'd probably have a lot more symptoms than just tingling" but that wears off after an hour and I'm back to totally panicking :(

Are you getting any help for your anxiety at all?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Are you getting any help for your anxiety at all?
    Not at the moment. I haven't been too bad recently but this has happened and now I've been sent into a frenzy of panic and worry and I just feel so low :(

Or it could be a trapped nerve or even anxiety.

I am as guilty as the next person for fearing the worst though so i can understand how you feel.

I think MS wouldnt be intermittent like you are experiencing. My MS flareups were never intermittent but steady for a period of time until it got better. MS is where your immune system attacks the nerves. I doubt it would stop if you walk around. I am not a doctor though so cant be sure. The fact it gets better when you move around suggests trapped nerve or something which ironically could feel similar to MS flare up.

MS can be horrible but if you get your head around the fact that most people live happy normal lives it can remove the fear somewhat.

I know nothing about brain tumors but imagine the same applies in that it would be constant.

Jase, I think you should go and have a chat to your GP both about the tingling, and your anxiety response to it.

Quote Originally Posted by pav1984 View Post
    Or it could be a trapped nerve or even anxiety.

I am as guilty as the next person for fearing the worst though so i can understand how you feel.

I think MS wouldnt be intermittent like you are experiencing. My MS flareups were never intermittent but steady for a period of time until it got better. MS is where your immune system attacks the nerves. I doubt it would stop if you walk around. I am not a doctor though so cant be sure. The fact it gets better when you move around suggests trapped nerve or something which ironically could feel similar to MS flare up.

MS can be horrible but if you get your head around the fact that most people live happy normal lives it can remove the fear somewhat.

I know nothing about brain tumors but imagine the same applies in that it would be constant.
    I was thinking a trapped nerve but wouldn't I have pain with that? I'm just so worried that the tingling is constant whenever I'm sat/laid down. I did have the same thought as you in regards to if it was MS/a tumor then it'd be constant and it'd still be there when I'm walking around but it still doesn't help my fears :(

@BlueIris I have a GP appointment but not for another 2 weeks so it's gonna be hell for the next 14 days unfortunately

It doesn't have to be hell if you're prepared to work on your anxiety. Take a look at some of the CBT workbooks available on here?

I'm not belittling what you're going through (I suffer from HA myself), but it's an awful way to feel and it isn't compulsory if you can persuade yourself to take a few first steps.

I've had tingling in my left leg, arm, and left side of my face for almost a year now. I've had an MRI, CT scan, bloodwork, etc. My neurologist says I have white matter lesions - but they're consistent with migraine syndrome and not sinister. My rheumatologist said it's nothing. My ENT said it's nothing. My GP said it's nothing. My neurologist finally said "Is this something you can live with?" and I said... sure... as long as I know it's not gonna kill me lol - but apparently, from all my docs, this is actually common (don't let the internet scare you) and more likely caused by vitamin deficiencies or pinched nerves or even anxiety (no kidding) than anything sinister. Do not google. I did. I ended up down a huge rabbit hole - even my GP was convinced I had MS due to symptoms that I swear I had (...I'd read about them and suddenly they appeared), but once the neuro saw me, within 5 minutes he said "absolutely not." The scans further proved it. And the neuro said MS is much more rare than the internet will have you believe.

Stop googling. Seriously. I'm speaking from experience - it cost me work days, mental health days, and left me sobbing in an emergency room looking for answers that just weren't there. You will be okay.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information