Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Absolutely terrified.

Re: Absolutely terrified.

Quote Originally Posted by gailveronica View Post
    I've had tingling in my left leg, arm, and left side of my face for almost a year now. I've had an MRI, CT scan, bloodwork, etc. My neurologist says I have white matter lesions - but they're consistent with migraine syndrome and not sinister. My rheumatologist said it's nothing. My ENT said it's nothing. My GP said it's nothing. My neurologist finally said "Is this something you can live with?" and I said... sure... as long as I know it's not gonna kill me lol - but apparently, from all my docs, this is actually common (don't let the internet scare you) and more likely caused by vitamin deficiencies or pinched nerves or even anxiety (no kidding) than anything sinister. Do not google. I did. I ended up down a huge rabbit hole - even my GP was convinced I had MS due to symptoms that I swear I had (...I'd read about them and suddenly they appeared), but once the neuro saw me, within 5 minutes he said "absolutely not." The scans further proved it. And the neuro said MS is much more rare than the internet will have you believe.

Stop googling. Seriously. I'm speaking from experience - it cost me work days, mental health days, and left me sobbing in an emergency room looking for answers that just weren't there. You will be okay.
    I stopped googling for a day and never thought about the tingling thinking that might make it subside or go away...but nope. It's still there. Constant. I've just been for a walk and while I was walking I didn't seem to feel it. Now that I'm sat down the tingling is back full force. I can actually feel it slightly in my back too.

I'm a mess again. I'm so sick of feeling like this.
    Last edited by Jase.; 11-10-19 at 14:52.

The tingling has worked its way up to my upper back and twitching/tingling in my face now. God I'm so scared

Have you asked your doctor? They are the best people to ask.

Sounds like stress to me.

The fact that it gets better when you are up and walking makes me think of a mild sciatica, like the nerve is being compressed when you are sitting. Maybe with a dose of anxiety/panic thrown in. I had back pain several years ago that was relieved by walking. With some experimenting, I discovered that several things helped. One was sitting with my knees level or higher than my hips. Since I'm short, this meant finding a footrest for my feet or sitting on a short stool. The other thing that helped was sitting on an exercise ball, where I could change my position slightly every minute or so. It might be worth trying to change your ergonomics and see if it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky16 View Post
    The fact that it gets better when you are up and walking makes me think of a mild sciatica, like the nerve is being compressed when you are sitting. Maybe with a dose of anxiety/panic thrown in. I had back pain several years ago that was relieved by walking. With some experimenting, I discovered that several things helped. One was sitting with my knees level or higher than my hips. Since I'm short, this meant finding a footrest for my feet or sitting on a short stool. The other thing that helped was sitting on an exercise ball, where I could change my position slightly every minute or so. It might be worth trying to change your ergonomics and see if it helps.
    I originally thought about sciatica but wouldn't that cause pain? Which I don't really have

It's probably a spine issue. I had REALLY BAD (think weeks laying on my front or standing upright only) sciatica for a couple of months years ago now and my left leg was a combination of pain and numbness. I still get the numbness and some tingling from it. I had it before the pain set in too, it was my first symptom of the sciatica, so it might be the same for you. It may never develop into full-blown sciatica so don't worry, just keep active and mobile and try the sciatica stretches as recommended by the NHS as they can make a huge different

Jase, you need to see your doctor to determine what is going on. I'm not saying its something sinister and terrifying, but you are terrified and you could have that relieved with a quick check-over. If you genuinely believe that something is there that should not be there, and can't be attributed to an anxiety state, then there is only one person to help you - the GP

I have had something similar. I had a really strange tingling in my left leg whenever my leg was at rest. While walking I couldn’t feel it. However I could feel it while standing so I found myself constantly shifting my weight on that leg to make myself more comfortable. It was a trapped nerve from wearing heels. It stayed for a week or so. It does happen now and again if I wear the wrong shoes. I remember going through a horrible scare once and I got the tingling in my back and my lips. I ended up in the ER only to be told that it’s anxiety. If it’s tingling all over then really it is just anxiety

I get this its a back/sciataissues, sitting the wron way, sleeping the wrong way. stretching , bending and mine doesnt always have pain.

Well I had a blood test and I've just seen my GP and she said everything was fine and she thinks it's all anxiety related. Can anxiety REALLY cause tingling/twitching all over the body, short term memory loss, etc. I just find it so hard to believe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information