Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Absolutely terrified.

Re: Absolutely terrified.

She also said the tingling would be constant and wouldn't go away when I walk if it was something serious

...and she is right.

I'm beginning to have hot flashes. It's just relentless misery. Can it be caused by anxiety?

EDIT: I'm reading heat sensitivity is an MS/brain tumor thing :/ But I'm also on cymbalta but I can't find anything about it causing hot flashes.

Sigh. Having health anxiety is the worst.
    Last edited by Jase.; 26-10-19 at 22:45.

I don't see why it couldn't be caused by anxiety. I get them when I'm frustrated by something I'm working on. And one time when I was having a bad anxiety episode, I definitely felt hot. I remember being grateful that the room was over air-conditioned, because while everyone else was freezing, I was trying to cool off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jase. View Post
    I'm beginning to have hot flashes. It's just relentless misery. Can it be caused by anxiety?

EDIT: I'm reading heat sensitivity is an MS/brain tumor thing :/ But I'm also on cymbalta but I can't find anything about it causing hot flashes.

fwiw my wife had tingling on and off down one whole side of her body and she was SURE it was MS. turns out.... just anxiety. pretty common, i think.

It is awful having health anxiety! I am currently worried of cancer due to my lymphnodes and now I’m starting to get worried about aneurysms... the cycle never stops! :( hope you feel better soon!!

So I haven't really noticed the tingling over the past week or so but it's back with a vengeance now. Same situation - right leg, only happens when I'm sat, goes away when I'm up and walking about. Naturally I'm worried about MS again because MS symptoms are known to come and go.

I long for a worry free life, I really do. :(

So I haven't really noticed the tingling over the past week or so but it's back with a vengeance now. Same situation - right leg, only happens when I'm sat, goes away when I'm up and walking about. Naturally I'm worried about MS again because MS symptoms are known to come and go.

I long for a worry free life, I really do. :(
    I know this thread is old but I wanted to respond to your post. You said something interesting that stood out to me.... "I long for a worry free life, I really do. :(".

I have a bunch of physical side effects from my heart issues, cancer treatment and the meds I take. Point being, we all get/have niggles. Be it stabbing pains, tingling, dizziness etc. etc. etc. The difference is how we view and react to them as well as the cause. I experience many of the physical symptoms of anxiety but it's not anxiety that's causing them. I see a pattern to HA in that one takes a normal niggle and turns it into a catastrophe. The effect snowballs making the symptom worse and causing more symptoms. For me, the symptoms I experience are a PITA and an inconvenience. If anything, it gets frustrating at times but I push through it all and accept that it's the new normal.

The thing is, if you can accept that we all get niggles get to the mindset that it's a PITA as opposed to a "naturally a worry", it might help you change the way you react and help you move on from worrying.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information