Thread: My stomach moves with my heartbeat

My stomach moves with my heartbeat

Hey everyone. I'm really trying my best not to lose my mind over here, but this is really freaking me out. I was lying down earlier today and realized that my stomach was beating visibly in time with my heart. I focused on it and I started to feel like my whole body was rocking with my pulse. Even after I stood up I could still see it beating. I know this has happened to me before, but I googled it like an idiot out of curiosity. Of course everyone all over the internet is saying that I probably have an abdominal aortic aneurysm and need to seek immediate medical attention or I'll die any minute. I've come a long way with my health anxiety over the years, but every once in a while I have a bad flare up and I start doing really bad again.. I don't want that to be one of those times. I'm a 24 year old woman and I don't smoke or have high blood pressure as far as I know so I'm aware that it's highly unlikely.. but everything I'm reading says that only thin people should be able to see their pulse in their stomach.. I'm not extremely overweight or anything but I am generally overweight and most of it is in my stomach area.. so that part is what's bothering me I think. I showed my husband and he swears he's always noticed my abdomen pulse like that when I'm sleeping or kinda just sitting around. Is this just a normal thing for some people? It's been about 6 hours since I noticed it and it hasn't stopped yet..

Re: My stomach moves with my heartbeat

Hey Magician, I’ve always seen my pulse there too, but just telling you that isn’t actually going to solve your problem, I’ve picked out parts of your own words that you should be focusing on, you’ve already told us there isn’t an actual problem until dr google gave you one to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagician View Post
    I know this has happened to me before, but
    You know this has happened before, probably never stopped you just didn’t fixate on it. It’s the ‘but’ part that makes the anxiety builds, it’s the mind making excuses to panic.

I I've come a long way with my health anxiety over the years, but every once in a while I have a bad flare up and I start doing really bad again.. I don't want that to be one of those times.
    Only you have the power to make it so this doesn’t become one of those times, this flare up is in your control and always has been, right from the point that you decided to google too, that was a choice, but ultimately it feeds the anxiety.

I It's been about 6 hours since I noticed it and it hasn't stopped yet..
    I should hope not! The heart beating is quite important .

Positive vibes,

Mouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Thank you for your reassurance.. I know it's silly but at times like this I genuinely just need people to bring me back to reality and tell me I'm fine. I have an appointment with my doctor next week for something unrelated so I'll just wait and bring this up while I'm there as long as I don't start having any serious pain in the meantime.

I can tell you that I am quite overweight, majority in my belly area, and I can also see my heartbeat in my stomach area. So yeah - I don’t think you need to be concerned

It's perfectly normal, especially if your heart rate is raised, due to anxiety. That happens to me too. It's normal, for me, when suffering anxiety,as I have been for six months now.

Hey everyone. I'm really trying my best not to lose my mind over here, but this is really freaking me out. I was lying down earlier today and realized that my stomach was beating visibly in time with my heart. I focused on it and I started to feel like my whole body was rocking with my pulse. Even after I stood up I could still see it beating. I know this has happened to me before, but I googled it like an idiot out of curiosity. Of course everyone all over the internet is saying that I probably have an abdominal aortic aneurysm and need to seek immediate medical attention or I'll die any minute. I've come a long way with my health anxiety over the years, but every once in a while I have a bad flare up and I start doing really bad again.. I don't want that to be one of those times. I'm a 24 year old woman and I don't smoke or have high blood pressure as far as I know so I'm aware that it's highly unlikely.. but everything I'm reading says that only thin people should be able to see their pulse in their stomach.. I'm not extremely overweight or anything but I am generally overweight and most of it is in my stomach area.. so that part is what's bothering me I think. I showed my husband and he swears he's always noticed my abdomen pulse like that when I'm sleeping or kinda just sitting around. Is this just a normal thing for some people? It's been about 6 hours since I noticed it and it hasn't stopped yet..

I wasn't having anxiety or anything at that moment until I noticed it /: now I can't stop noticing it. It's still happening. I think it might just be a permanent thing my body has always done that I only notice sometimes. But it is very strange and it freaks me out real bad.

It's when it stops happening that you have to worry. Your heart beating is quite important.

Thread Information