Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
The problem with the UK (guys replying from other fast countries lol) is that it doesn't mean they've even looked at the results yet. I have had cancer, and my yearly screening results can take anything from 7 days to 5 weeks to come back ! Last year they were over 4 weeks, the year before 5 days (and I presumed the worst, but they were fine), the year before over 4 weeks..... Timescale of results is dependent on how busy the department is and the backlog of images they have to look at, any holidays in between etc. Delay doesn't mean good, and it doesn't mean bad, quick results doesn't mean good and doesn't mean bad - you get the idea. This of course doesn't help Neverending_story, and it makes it all the more painful whilst you are waiting, I know and many many others know the feeling too. All you can do is hang on in there and try to get on with things whilst putting it to the back of your mind. I would say if you had it on Monday morning, and they said '5 days or so' (that'll be working days) then I wouldn't expect to hear anything until next week.
Thanks for the reply - I had the scan on Monday Oct 7th