Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultrasound results wait time!!

Re: Ultrasound results wait time!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    The problem with the UK (guys replying from other fast countries lol) is that it doesn't mean they've even looked at the results yet. I have had cancer, and my yearly screening results can take anything from 7 days to 5 weeks to come back ! Last year they were over 4 weeks, the year before 5 days (and I presumed the worst, but they were fine), the year before over 4 weeks..... Timescale of results is dependent on how busy the department is and the backlog of images they have to look at, any holidays in between etc. Delay doesn't mean good, and it doesn't mean bad, quick results doesn't mean good and doesn't mean bad - you get the idea. This of course doesn't help Neverending_story, and it makes it all the more painful whilst you are waiting, I know and many many others know the feeling too. All you can do is hang on in there and try to get on with things whilst putting it to the back of your mind. I would say if you had it on Monday morning, and they said '5 days or so' (that'll be working days) then I wouldn't expect to hear anything until next week.
    Thanks for the reply - I had the scan on Monday Oct 7th

Oh I see, thats annoying, but to be honest not unexpected for NHS results - Can your surgery (in the absence of your GP) not ring the department to try and chase them ?

Oh I see, thats annoying, but to be honest not unexpected for NHS results - Can your surgery (in the absence of your GP) not ring the department to try and chase them ?
    I will call them again tomorrow and find out - the company that did my ultrasound states

Your Ultrasound results will be reported on the day, the report will be delivered to your GP. Please contact your Surgery seven days after your scan to get your results.

'The company' ? Was it done privately then ?

'The company' ? Was it done privately then ?
    No through the NHS but they used a company called Global Diagnostics

Oh, I see. If they state those time-scales clearly on their information then you are of course well within your rights to hassle the surgery. I wonder if its a letter sat waiting for your GP, that hasn't been opened as she/he is away ?

Oh, I see. If they state those time-scales clearly on their information then you are of course well within your rights to hassle the surgery. I wonder if its a letter sat waiting for your GP, that hasn't been opened as she/he is away ?
    Well yes I think so too! I will call them again tomorrow and ask them to chase it up if I have not heard anything - also not sure if my Dr is back as yet so will have to check that also

Quote Originally Posted by Neverending_story View Post
    Well yes I think so too! I will call them again tomorrow and ask them to chase it up if I have not heard anything - also not sure if my Dr is back as yet so will have to check that also
    All diagnostic results come back to the primary Dr online via email, so the Dr can receive the results anytime, they don't have to be back at the surgery. They can contact you anytime if it's anything serious.

All diagnostic results come back to the primary Dr online via email, so the Dr can receive the results anytime, they don't have to be back at the surgery. They can contact you anytime if it's anything serious.
    Not in the UK WM.

Not in the UK WM.
    This is true but hopefully I will hear something soon - I am going to call again today and quote the waiting time for results and ask them to chase it up

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information