Thread: Possible Blood in Urine/Kidney Cancer Fear

Possible Blood in Urine/Kidney Cancer Fear

Hello all, I’m a 27 year old male and I’ve been struggling with horrible anxiety for the past few months. Sometime between June and July of this year, I had two what I hope were extremely vivid dreams about urinating blood, which I really freaked me out. I did not see any blood in my urine in between those times. In July after my second vivid dream, I decided to buy a urinalysis home test to curb my anxiety. My urine test came back normal and no sign of blood and I stopped worrying about it. About two weeks ago, I was urinating at a urinal when I noticed a slight pink tinge in my urine stream but did not see any pink in the urinal. The urinal had a pink urinal cake so I eased my thoughts by thinking it must have been the urinal cake that played a game with my eyes and mind. My urine was normal color until about a week and a half ago when I was using a urinal at a restaurant and noticed the pink tinge in the stream again. This once again freaked me out and while there was a urinal cake, it was not pink or red. My urine proceeded to be normal for the rest of the night and up until this past Monday. Monday night I was using the toilet and I noticed the pink tinge in the stream again. Unfortunately the toilet barely had any water so I could not see what color my urine was becoming mixed with the toilet water. Once I flushed the toilet and the water came down I saw a very light diluted yellow color and did not notice any pink or red color in the toilet. I will be doing another urinalysis today but this has been really freaking me out. I’m not sure if this is my mind playing tricks or if I’m literally the unluckiest person where when I pee blood, I’m either at a urinal where I can’t see for sure or at a toilet with barely any water, or in the middle of the night, if by some chance it wasn’t a dream and I just didn’t react at the moment due to being half asleep.

I have a doctor appointment this Friday for a general check up and blood work and I’m not sure if I should bring this up to him or wait until I get more concrete evidence. Thank you all for taking the time to read this.

Re: Possible Blood in Urine/Kidney Cancer Fear

It could just be a kidney stone as I had this.

Mention it to doc and they can order tests if they feel they are necessary.

It does not have to mean cancer though.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you for your response. Was the blood in your urine immediately apparent or was it subtle? Also, did it happen sporadically or often?

Honestly- it does sound like your mind is playing tricks on you. I wonder if this is a long standing fear of yours ? It is an unusual topic for a vivid dream!!

Thank you for your reply. Coincidently it wasn’t. I previously had a big fear of colon cancer after an episode of red stool due to beets and tomato skins, but never really had a big worry over urine. A week before the first dream I did notice that my urine was cloudier than usual which worried me but that solved itself fast. I did have a minor urine fear a couple of years ago but I was fearing kidney disease or diabetes, I never once thought about kidney cancer until those dreams/episodes. But it’s causing me an immense amount of stress because I’m not really getting clear cut symptoms. Each pink tinge situation happened where I wasn’t able to see the toilet water and I saw no pink anywhere other than the stream. Then every time I urinated again and there was water in the bowl, it would be completely normal.

Beets will make your urine pink. If you eat them, that is the cause.

Thank you for your response. I haven’t had beets in over a year

Quote Originally Posted by Ilgent View Post
    Thank you for your response. Was the blood in your urine immediately apparent or was it subtle? Also, did it happen sporadically or often?
    It was very apparent. It happened only twice.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Have you seen red at the same place both times? Maybe something around in the toilet was redish so it was a reflection.

Thread Information