Thread: Just started a new job

Just started a new job

As the title says I started my new job yesterday and I’m really struggling. I’ve been awake all night nearly. My anxiety has been getting worse before this point. It seems a lot mite intense than before. We have had a lot of money worries and I have been really worried about that. My anxiety has been creeping up for weeks and nothing I’m doing is improving that. On Tuesday my little girl had to go to the hospital she has had a few health problems I was fine then all of a sudden my heart started to race and I felt awful I felt like I was going to collapse on the train and this carried on all night. Yesterday I started a new job at a school I spent the whole day having a silent panic attack. I was in a lesson and felt the worst I have felt in my life and it destroyed my first day. I have been away on and off all night with hardly any sleep. I don’t want to go to work this morning but at the same time I do. I keep worrying everyone is laughing at me. I really want this job but my anxiety is destroying it. My husband is away with work so I have nobody at home except my four children. I feel like I’m having a nervous breakdown. I’m more nervous and shaky than I am fine at the moment. I’m scared

Re: Just started a new job

This must be very tough for you; I'm sorry. I'm sure nobody is laughing at you, though, new jobs are fundamentally scary.

Sounds like you're having a tough time, with lots of different things causing you stress. Give yourself some credit for everything you're dealing with at the moment. New jobs are always stressful, especially when you already suffer with anxiety. My Dad always told me to give it 2 weeks, and then you start to feel just a little more settled. I've always found that to be true, and although the first few days seem like they go on forever, it's a relatively achievable target. No-one is laughing at you - they don't even know you're feeling so anxious. Can you plan something nice and relaxing for the weekend? Treat yourself for getting through the first week.

After nearly a year I thought about going back to work. I managed to get through the interview stage and the basic training but when I started the job I felt all the panics building up. The Office that I was working in was not the most comfortable, It was open plan but each person was then in their own little cube. I felt very claustrophobic sitting in the area. I gave the job a week, But on the next Monday I felt that I could not go on. Everyone had been very nice and helpful so I knew that it was a the environment that was the problem.
    I wil;l be letting myself calm back down before trying for any other new jobs

Do you have four children that only you babysit while your husband works outside the home? So why else would you want to work somewhere? I've heard so many times about this kind of injustice to women. Housework and babysitting are unpaid women's work that your husband should appreciate. I think you should find some part-time jobs remotely, so you don't get too tired. You lack confidence if you've had many panic attacks while out and about. It's better to build up your strength, become more confident, stay home, and only then go out to work with other people. Hopefully, over time, things will get better for you. Don't stress about helping your husband. Four kids are already your job. Remember that.
    Last edited by kasterzanayed; 21-03-22 at 09:45.

Quote Originally Posted by kasterzanayed View Post
    Do you have four children that only you babysit while your husband works outside the home? So why else would you want to work somewhere?
    Is this still relevant, considering this thread was both started and last replied to in October 2019?

spammer probably

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    spammer probably
    Phew, I thought I was in trouble then!

Thread Information