Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Here I go again. Terrified I have esophageal cancer

Here I go again. Terrified I have esophageal cancer

So what I've thought I had was sinus issues for a few years now was really silent reflux . I've been clearing my throat and had post nasal drip with a cough with phlegm for years now not thinking it was anything worrisome . Ive also had acid reflux too on and off for years too. I been on nexium for a few years . It helped with the heartburn but not the throat and sinus issues . So here I am again . I'm waking up in panic that I've cancer once again. and I ve waited way too long to get help because I had know I idea this could be esophageal cancer. Im having a real bad bout with reflux right now. My chest and back hurts. Lump in throat feeling, gas, burping and pain in my esophagus!!! PLEASE someone talk me down from this panic!!!

Re: Here I go again. Terrified I have esophageal cancer

I can't sleep . I wish someone was on tonight to talk to me. The sad thing is I've had reflux on and off for years now but really haven't worried about it. Everytime these symptoms bothered me I just said oh it's just my reflux and carried on. BUT now I see this can lead to cancer!!!!!!!! Why can't it just be reflux I can deal with acid reflux . How many years would it take for LPR/Gerds to turn into Cancer ?

Last edited by always scared; 10-10-19 at 07:41.

I'm sorry you're suffering, but I'm sure there's nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I'm sorry you're suffering, but I'm sure there's nothing to worry about.
    Thanks . I wish my brain could believe that . It's just that I'd had reflux for so long now and didn't realize it could turn into cancer.

It's not especially likely, though. Just because you're afraid, it doesn't mean there's anything to be afraid of.

This panic is insane . It's 3 in the morning and I still cant sleep. I'm trying so hard not to google right now. But my brain is in overdrive panic mode and I just can't shake the feeling of doom and death from cancer. Oh god why can't I just think like a normal person. Should I be worried about having acid reflux on and off for years

No, you really shouldn't, but you should maybe see your GP to set your mind at ease.

Are you in a situation where you can put something on to listen to?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    No, you really shouldn't, but you should maybe see your GP to set your mind at ease.

Are you in a situation where you can put something on to listen to?
    I'm too scared to go to the GP . I will probably wait it out in panic mode and hope that I'm wrong. I pretty messed up. I used to go to the doctors for everything but now I'm terrified to go.

You need to get help with your anxiety, though, and I say that as somebody who's exceptionally afraid of the doctor. If you ask them for help, the other stuff will be easier.

In the meantime, I strongly recommend using YouTube to find either guided meditation or sleep music, both of which are my go-to options when the anxiety is keeping me awake.

feel asleep for a bit but jolted awake just now in a cold sweat and sick to my stomach. this is a nightmare. dry heaving is make the pain worse. this is crazy. i can't do this anymore

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information