Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Here I go again. Terrified I have esophageal cancer

Re: Here I go again. Terrified I have esophageal cancer

It really sounds to me as though you need to seek some help for this.

i know no one can really help me. i'm the only one who can . this is the only place i can talk about what i'm going through. my family does not know the hell i'm living inside my brain . thanks for listening to my crazy posts. i know i need help but i'm so scared . i know a lot of people don't bother answering my posts. i just want to hear from others that are having the same symptoms and get a little reassurance to get me through the day.

In the end, though, reassurance won't help until you learn to help yourself. I know it's tough - I've been there - but taking steps and learning to wrangle this will make your life so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    It really sounds to me as though you need to seek some help for this.
    thank you BlueIris for trying to help.

Time to get up and face the day. I now know the pain is coming from my esophagus cause the dry heaving made it 100 times worse.

Could be a vicious circle. You are nervous about your throat so you notice sensations in your throat. You cough to clear it. This then aggravates it which causes mucus. Which makes you clear your throat and so on. Try replacing clearing your throat with sipping water.

Quote Originally Posted by pav1984 View Post
    Could be a vicious circle. You are nervous about your throat so you notice sensations in your throat. You cough to clear it. This then aggravates it which causes mucus. Which makes you clear your throat and so on. Try replacing clearing your throat with sipping water.
    Yes that makes sense but I'm also having chest and back pain with a lot of gas and burping. I know I have LPR/Gerd and the symptoms come and go but am getting really worried that I've had it for so long now that it had gone on to cancer now. I had these pains back in April a I thought it was pancreas cancer. Had a good summer with no pain just throat clearing and now the pains are back again.

Quote Originally Posted by always scared View Post
    Yes that makes sense but I'm also having chest and back pain with a lot of gas and burping. I know I have LPR/Gerd and the symptoms come and go but am getting really worried that I've had it for so long now that it had gone on to cancer now. I had these pains back in April a I thought it was pancreas cancer. Had a good summer with no pain just throat clearing and now the pains are back again.
    As someone whom knew of another with EC. If you had it, you would not be able to swallow

Quote Originally Posted by always scared View Post
    I have the same thing - years of mucus in throat and phlegm and then it got worse when bending over to do anything. Had an endoscopy 3 or so years ago and the gag reflex from the scope made me bring up some mucus. The nurse informed me that this mucus was in fact reflux which was a surprise to me and I was diagnosed with acid reflux and gastritis. I’ve been on Omeprazole ever since but it doesn’t seem to help. I don’t get heartburn much, just the mucus and saliva, chest and back pain but sometimes it’s overwhelming so I know where you’re coming from. I get quite hoarse and I haven’t been able to sing for 20 odd years so I think I’ve got LPR rather than GERD but I’ve never had my throat scoped and my doctor’s not interested in looking into it. The pains you are experiencing may well be from acid or gas or general stomach inflammation from gastritis. And when we get anxious about them, the whole digestive system gets flooded with adrenaline and makes the pain even worse. As a fellow sufferer, I sympathise with you and hope you’re feeling a bit better today.

Quote Originally Posted by utrocket09 View Post
    As someone whom knew of another with EC. If you had it, you would not be able to swallow
    Agreed. My father has EC. He went in because he was having a hard time swallowing food down.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information