Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Slightly raised Lipase levels ... very worried.

Re: Slightly raised Lipase levels ... very worried.

I hope you get your results on Monday, WM and that you get some much needed reassurance from your doctor that you are healthy.

You don't need to justify your HA. You are a very strong and kind person who has been through a lot and if we can help you just a bit when you are "wobbly" then we will certainly be there for you xx

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I hope you get your results on Monday, WM and that you get some much needed reassurance from your doctor that you are healthy.

You don't need to justify your HA. You are a very strong and kind person who has been through a lot and if we can help you just a bit when you are "wobbly" then we will certainly be there for you xx
    Hi pulisa my scan results were all great, I'm just so relieved. The nurse told me that my Dr received the results last night (Sunday NZ time) so a one day turn around is pretty good, I went privately. I'm lucky to be able to afford medical insurance, I'd rather eat grass than be without it.

Terry, I have another small patch of AK on my scalp, so off to get the Frozen Freddie (cryotherapy) next week, doesn't hurt so much on the head, just a bit of a headache afterwards!!

ps. I've also requested that my Dr suggest/arrange some counselling for me as my HA has been getting out of control lately :/
    Last edited by WiseMonkey; 14-10-19 at 00:11.

Congratulations on your good results 🤗

I'm delighted for you, WM!! A huge relief for you!

I'm glad you will be getting some psychological help with this blip and I'm sure your Dr will call a halt to all the tests now that you have a clear bill of health xx

Glad to hear your results came out fine.

If you need someone to work with you then it's great to make that step. Many don't and just continue down the same paths as we see on here. So, it sounds like you've come out of the other end of this and are able to look back more objectively. The you now is one who is right and looking back at our responses after we exit a spiral can be useful in trying to rationalise when the triggers come again (still hard though).

I'm sure you will be fine with the cryo, Lesley. Given how hot NZ is it might bring some relief People might think you are one of this super rich billionaires having their head frozen so they can live forever!!!

Hi WM
    Pleased to hear your scan results are ok.I know all about basal cell and squamous cells,I also am having 2 taken off on Tuesday,one on the neck and the same as you on the head, I’ve lost count how many I have had frozen off and cut out.
    Living in Cairns where it’s so darn hot and sticky doesn’t help.
    We are lucky living where we do tho, do you have Medicare in NZ? Xx

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn1 View Post
    Hi WM
    Pleased to hear your scan results are ok.I know all about basal cell and squamous cells,I also am having 2 taken off on Tuesday,one on the neck and the same as you on the head, I’ve lost count how many I have had frozen off and cut out.
    Living in Cairns where it’s so darn hot and sticky doesn’t help.
    We are lucky living where we do tho, do you have Medicare in NZ? Xx
    Yep me too, am back to get another dose of 'Frozen Freddie' tomorrow (Mon), it's important to keep on top of this AK .. blast it when it's small (and check on the ones previously done). I have private medical insurance through Southern Cross, I've been with them since 1981. Each year the cost goes up, but I'd rather eat grass than go without it. Yes we are lucky to live where we do, I don't think I could tolerate the humidity of Cairns! Auckland it pretty sticky in the height of Summer, we're getting an aircon installed next month, especially for those muggy nights, where the overnight low doesn't drop below 20! Aircon would be a must in Northern Queensland

ps. Commiseration on Aussie's rugby loss to England last night, the All Blacks fared much better against Ireland. AB's are playing England next Sat in the semi-finals, it'll be a nail biter!

Hi Lesley
    I am with Bupa,but cut back on a lot,it is getting very expensive.
    Yes shame about our RU team,heard the coach has quit,I like the AB’s and hope they beat the poms
    My cousin played Rugby League with the Warriors back in the late90’s,he played on the wing.

Good idea getting the aircon,here 20c is cold,lol.
    Wish you well on your date with “Frozen Freddy” this week,mine is tomorrow and it is good too see that you are going for counseling to get on top of HA.

"The Poms"??!! What a cheek!! No Pommy-Bashing on NMP!!

I'm sure the ABs will cruise to victory, not that I care! I'm into football/soccer?

Good luck to both of you for your cryo sessions xx

All went well today pulisa
    I only know about the Rugby because I turned on the telly and there was nearly 10 minutes of the aussies whining on about the loss,and the coach having a sook.x

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information