Thread: Lung cancer concerns...

Lung cancer concerns...

Well, I had been doing reasonably well with my HA until just recently when it and my depression started to worsen.

For some time now I've had post-nasal drip. Then I started to get upper back pain. I've had a cough for ages (read: years) l, which I've attributed to my lisinopril and of course, the post-nasal drip. Then I started to notice an intermittent, quiet wheeze on exhaling which truthfully, I've not had for a few days.

Then this morning, I had a good cough and up came something thick and horrible. Which had a tiny, brown/red speck in it.

I am at my wit's end now: yes, I know this is reassurance behaviour but I'm scared.

55, never smoked.

Re: Lung cancer concerns...

If you’re a non smoker then it’s highly unlikely to be anything other than a bit of a cold or a minor infection.

A trip to the doctor would be a good idea if it continues, but purely because you may need some antibiotics to shift it.

A doctor probably wouldn’t consider lung cancer if you’ve never smoked.

Re: Lung cancer concerns...

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    If you’re a non smoker then it’s highly unlikely to be anything other than a bit of a cold or a minor infection.

A trip to the doctor would be a good idea if it continues, but purely because you may need some antibiotics to shift it.

A doctor probably wouldn’t consider lung cancer if you’ve never smoked.
    Rats, didn't mean to delete, just edit! Curse smartphones.

Thanks for your response, it's what "logical me" is saying. Trouble is, I read of the rise in lung cancer in "never smokers" and am reminded of a colleague at work lost to this disease - he too never smoked and it was felt to be an environmental cause. My mother having died of it too, albeit nearly 30 years after she stopped a 20-a-day habit hasn't helped.

Driving my 80 mile commute to work was horrible this morning: it was cold, dark, raining and I could feel myself trying to curl up in a ball in fear in the seat...

Thread Information