Thread: Passing wind

Passing wind

I'm passing wind an awful lot in the last couple of days and have had a lot of stomach/toilet problems all week (loose and hard)

I'm very anxious and wondered if this was related to the anxiety. My mum passed away a few weeks ago and I've been getting worse since then.

Re: Passing wind

Yes anxiety, stress can play with your digestion as well as foods you may have eaten, take some fiber and eat things such as bananas, toast, plain rice, and apples, its called the b.r.a.t diet and helps with digestion.

Kel, My condolences on losing your Mum, a stressful time for you will play havoc with your tummy.

Hi and my condolences too, it's anxiety for sure (and sometimes food) as previously mentioned. I'v been anxious so much in my life I could have run my home on natural gas

Over the last couple of days I've been practicing better breathing, which definitely helps ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QTJOAI0UoU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPgwQFU1Cwc

I'm very sorry to hear you have lost your mum

Anxiety is a big cause of stomach problems, as is stress, and you are going through a massive emotional upheaval right now so anyone could have many problems. There are things you can take to help you with the wind issues but as your anxiety settles it should reduce with it.

My condolences too and I certainly agree with what everyone has said. It must be an awful time for you-all the anxiety will manifest itself in physical symptoms, particularly with IBS type issues.

Sorry for the loss of your mother

I don’t know how I would handle it if I lost my mum.Be gentle with yourself Kel.

I have IBS anyway so this is making it worse than ever

It will do, Kel. I hope you are having as much support as possible during this awful time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kel_ View Post
    I have IBS anyway so this is making it worse than ever
    I’m very sorry for your loss. Not only will stress and anxiety cause digestive issues for many people, but bereavement can also trigger health anxiety. My dad died two years ago, and it triggered a period of intense HA which I’m only beginning to work through now.

Something that will help you with bloating and wind: drink peppermint tea. You can sweeten it with a little honey if you’re not keen on the taste.

Thread Information