Hi guys

I know I suffer with anxiety and mild depression, and have done so for at least 20 years. I get all the usual anxiety symptoms when it strikes - tight chest, headaches, muscle spasms, wonky eyesight, trembling, the full hideous works! The thing is, I don't know what I'm anxious about and never have. I can be fine for days, then all of a sudden I don't feel like I can cope. I keep it to myself but I become a complete emotional wreck, and I never know why - I just can't pinpoint a reason/cause.

My life is nothing special but I have no real worries. My health is good for late 40s, sleep ok, work pays the bill, and I'm in a stable, longterm relationship.
I exercise regularly, don't smoke, and only drink moderately at weekends.
Yet despite ticking all these 'happy and healthy' boxes, my emotions just keep crashing. I can live with it, I get by, and it can be a struggle, but I just wish I knew why it happens.

I've tried meds (sticking plaster) and talking therapy (helpful at the time), but nothing changes longterm. I'm OK for a bit, go though the nightmare, then chill for a bit.

Anxiety is a fear of something, but in my case, I don't know what I'm scared of.
Does this ring true for anyone else - being utterly on edge but never knowing why?

Witsend