Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Anxious about what???

Re: Anxious about what???

The recovery process is a combination of what you do and how you think. Or maybe best described as how you re-think.

Looking after yourself physically is an almost essential part of recovery, it's much harder to feel calm and capable if your body is in an unhealthy state.

It's also (arguably) impossible to recover if you only rely on diet and exercise, mental habits will still remain.

The further back anxiety triggers go, the harder it is to re-wire the brain....but it is still possible.

In the OP's case he was dealing with with a mentally unstable parent, and this is very unsettling for a child. Neural pathways are formed that become very difficult to move away from later in life, difficult but not impossible.

I would have thought the OP would find something like NLP and meditation very useful over time.

So in addition to my own analysis that anxiety is caused by stress (wide, broad terminology), the removal of stress must be accompanied by the application of a recovery mechanism that works for you. For me it was meditation, simply because meditation ultimately severs the subconscious stimulus/response learned behaviours.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    The recovery process is a combination of what you do and how you think. Or maybe best described as how you re-think.

Looking after yourself physically is an almost essential part of recovery, it's much harder to feel calm and capable if your body is in an unhealthy state.

It's also (arguably) impossible to recover if you only rely on diet and exercise, mental habits will still remain.

The further back anxiety triggers go, the harder it is to re-wire the brain....but it is still possible.

In the OP's case he was dealing with with a mentally unstable parent, and this is very unsettling for a child. Neural pathways are formed that become very difficult to move away from later in life, difficult but not impossible.

I would have thought the OP would find something like NLP and meditation very useful over time.

So in addition to my own analysis that anxiety is caused by stress (wide, broad terminology), the removal of stress must be accompanied by the application of a recovery mechanism that works for you. For me it was meditation, simply because meditation ultimately severs the subconscious stimulus/response learned behaviours.
    Now I do agree with this. That’s why I’m such an advocate for a combination of techniques...because anxiety and depression are both mind AND body problems.

i also agree that stress exacerbates any mental health problems, both good and bad stress.

To those demanding evidence, I came across this. Which is pretty much what I've been saying.

Oh, but it's not actual evidence, it's just another person's opinion too. But it's a worthwhile read nevertheless. And absolutely spot on...imo....

https://returntonow.net/2016/02/24/t...or-depression/

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information