Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxious about what???

Re: Anxious about what???

I know you do, but I think it's bad form to belittle other people's situation and call them 'fortunate' simply because they have found a way to deal. There was no fortune, nothing came to me, I wasn't 'lucky'. I worked my ass of to not be sick any more. I did that whilst dealing with a £150k legal battle AND watching her die (she died for nearly a minute during childbirth...one of the trauma sources) and then looking after her for the last 5 years. Those 5 years were when I got myself better, so no. Not fortunate at all.

I meant of course that you are fortunate in finding a way to manage your anxiety despite your home situation.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    This is a causality/correlation issue.

Sitting indoors all day, is stress.
    Not seeing nature, living in built up areas, is stress.
    Eating intensively farmed, processed foods, is stress.
    Staying up for hours after sunset, is stress.
    Working long hours, is stress.
    Drinking alcohol, is stress.
    Eating too many refined carbs, is stress...
    So how come lots of other people living this unhealthy life style doesn’t suffer from any mental health condition?
    My auntie grew up on a small farm so food was pretty much organic and not processed at all, yet she ended up so mentally ill she hanged herself?
    I don’t know there is an element of nurture but I believe it’s also nature.

Quote Originally Posted by keta View Post
    So how come lots of other people living this unhealthy life style doesn’t suffer from any mental health condition?
    My auntie grew up on a small farm so food was pretty much organic and not processed at all, yet she ended up so mentally ill she hanged herself?
    I don’t know there is an element of nurture but I believe it’s also nature.

I use the word holistic a lot. It's not JUST about food. It's layers and layers of things.

Maybe she was abused, maybe she was lonely, I have no idea. Aren't depression rates notoriously high in farming?

Sorry Joe but your diet theory ain't gone down too well

So we should all eat hay n nuts and hope we doesnt get trauma

Too many gaps in your knowledge my man
    Last edited by lebonvin; 16-10-19 at 01:39.

Jeez Joe what exactly do you read

You never read Claire Weekes? How is that possible. She's the real guru. What she said 60 year ago still hold good.

I'll let you off for the pregabalin gig altho it's listed as a mental medication here with ADs benzos and all that stuff

Take a trip to the Amazon and research the tribes there if yous can find one what don't got traumatized by intruders

I believe diet is a factor just as lack of exercise, not developing enough confidence & self esteem in development years, environment, stress levels, etc all are . There are many reasons. For the same reasons keta mentioned diet is only one element simply because you can put the people on the same diets and the outcome can be no one gets anxiety, they all do or it's mixed.

With the genetic element it is about having a gene passed along by a parent but it is passed switched to the off position. Since methylation is going on throughout the day with tons of processes it can be influenced into a state where some genes can be activated. So, you put someone into a very stressful position (say health issues with a loved one) and it can be enough to cause a normal methylation process to react to it and a gene is activated. The same can be said for many conditions can't it? Cancer drugs have been developed to switch off genetic causes to reverse the process.

That's what I took from reading about it a couple of years ago now but it's still an ongoing area of research. If it wasn't for cancer research it wouldn't even be around as mental health is lower priority.

I was 30 when my anxiety started. As Joe mentioned earlier it crept up for about a year prior but I wasn't aware of mental health enough to understand the signs. The one day I just sat at my desk and everything turned to a fog and I was in & out of the toilets for hours unable to sit at my desk due to nausea. Prior to this I lived on stress and loved it. I happily worked 16 hour days and up to 70 hours overtime in a month to reach targets as I felt like I was achieving something...then bang and that switch was flipped on me and this all started.

What I do find interesting in my case is that my brother has worked very hard too and yet no problems. He drank far more than me too. But in between our births my dad had his bout of depression. That may mean a link but regardless it's how I deal with it and no reflection on my dad (who cured his depression over 40 years ago with no relapse).

Modern life has it's role in this but considering how hard life was pre industrial revolution I would expect mental health was around long before it. I agree we haven't adapted because it has been a very short in human evolution (technology alone over the last few decades) but the pressure to feed your family predates it. And we always have to consider we have a big medical book now as opposed to back then.

Even now admitting you have a problem can mean social stigma and plenty of ignorance still exists in societies where they are educating us about it let alone the parts of the modern world where they are lucky to have medical support at all. Going back to my dad's days of depression he would have faced public scorn for what was seen as weakness. The more the culture has narrow definitions of men & women suffering in silence is going to be more likely. Religion plays it's part too with higher moral standards that class with intrusive thoughts as well as the whole "men feed their families" stuff.

I know you do, but I think it's bad form to belittle other people's situation and call them 'fortunate' simply because they have found a way to deal. There was no fortune, nothing came to me, I wasn't 'lucky'. I worked my ass of to not be sick any more. I did that whilst dealing with a £150k legal battle AND watching her die (she died for nearly a minute during childbirth...one of the trauma sources) and then looking after her for the last 5 years. Those 5 years were when I got myself better, so no. Not fortunate at all.
    That's terrible Joe.

So you got a lotta dosh. Did you use it to buy nuts n raisins?

Odd how IanPanic don't waded into this argument. Your both old timers. I guess yous fell out along the. way.

Your halo is vapourizing my man

Please tell us something helpful.

Thanks for making us feel even more a failure coza not being able to do the same

If you really wanna say something useful then tell us how yous done it

Otherwise follow the Bible's advise and forever hold your peace

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information