Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxious about what???

Re: Anxious about what???

ok I got it Joseph

I read some old posts of yous and can see where your coming from

Gut = second brain

Eat the wrong chow and gut gets impaired making yous anxious

Very logical

But what if you was born with impaired gut or are all folk born 100% fine and dandy

Quote Originally Posted by lebonvin View Post

Otherwise follow the Bible's advise and forever hold your peace
    Now I know you're trolling.

And as for gaps in my knowledge, I have never claimed to know everything. There are entire sections of this forums that I don't post in because my knowledge isn't sufficient to offer any meaningful advice. And as for ME needing to show evidence of the validity of my advice, out of the two of us....who is functioning better?

As somebody who advocates the writings in the Bible, perhaps a little faith is necessary.....from somebody who was in a very bad place and now isn't.

Just a thought.

I can see how a good diet helps with general health but I think there is a danger of veering into orthorexia territory if too much emphasis is placed on the nutritional aspect.
    Especially with vulnerable people desperate for a cure to their severe and unrelenting anxiety.

I think it's ok to accept that some people will always have an anxiety disorder no matter what they do, how much they exercise or what food they eat. And some people will find their own cure but that cure won't necessarily work for everyone. And that's ok too.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I can see how a good diet helps with general health but I think there is a danger of veering into orthorexia territory if too much emphasis is placed on the nutritional aspect.
    Especially with vulnerable people desperate for a cure to their severe and unrelenting anxiety.

I think it's ok to accept that some people will always have an anxiety disorder no matter what they do, how much they exercise or what food they eat. And some people will find their own cure but that cure won't necessarily work for everyone. And that's ok too.
    I think you're absolutely right, Pulisa. We're not even close to understanding the finer details of anxiety disorders, and to assume that there's one single fix is a gross oversimplification. In the end, all any of us can ever do is take a look at what's out there, try whatever we reasonably can and keep on learning.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Now I know you're trolling.

And as for gaps in my knowledge, I have never claimed to know everything. There are entire sections of this forums that I don't post in because my knowledge isn't sufficient to offer any meaningful advice. And as for ME needing to show evidence of the validity of my advice, out of the two of us....who is functioning better?

As somebody who advocates the writings in the Bible, perhaps a little faith is necessary.....from somebody who was in a very bad place and now isn't.

Just a thought.
    Yep just pa-trolling

Nobody ain't complaining about gaps in your knowledge. It's cozza you spouting a crackpot theory

Why won't tell us how you conquered your anxiety? If you don't got anxiety now, what is you doing on this forum? Lessen it's to help folk which you sure ain't doing.

You can't remember the stuff you read coz you never made notes? "Comme les poulets ont des dents" as theys say back home. Don't you got any of them oracle books lying around at home?
    I remember the titles or name of the authors of books I read years ago. And I got a crap memory but when I focus I hot damn focus.

Your a rich man Joseph. If you really care about folk, then please send me a food package with all the seeds, nuts, hay and raisins I need to make my gut good again and get rid of anxiety. I'll pm you an address
    but something tells me you won't be agreeable on that gig.

By the way, the Bible don't say nothing about forever hold your peace. Just another test of your lack of knowledge.

Do us all a favour Joseph and post something useful or helpful. Mosta your posts to other folk art kinda grumpy and impatient

Just a thought

Charlie
    Last edited by lebonvin; 16-10-19 at 09:54.

What makes you think I'm rich? I'm the opposite of rich. If you're referring to my legal battle, that was £150k I LOST due to a lawyer fvcking me over in 2006, which I'm still paying for.

Furthermore, you constantly commenting on 'nuts and seeds' is cherry picking one single aspect of my advice to reinforce your own belief that all I'm suggesting is change your diet. I have said over and over again that anxiety is caused by multiple layers of stress, not just eating nuts and seeds.

If you don't find my advice useful, then don't follow it. Frankly I couldn't care less, and don't feel that I need to write down and record everything I read over the years. I'd much rather help the people who do want to accept change in their life than bicker with people who have accepted their fate.

If you want to keep doing the things you've always done and stay sick, good luck to you.

What's happening here (in my opinion) is that people are focusing on one single suggestion, or another single suggestion.

'I've tried exercising and it doesn't work'.

'I've tried changing my diet and it doesn't work'.

Each time, trying something for a week or two and then proclaiming it ineffective. The odd thing is, they go back to doing what they did before, which also clearly isn't working.

Something Terry mentioned is the difference in results for people with similar life experiences. Something I talk about a lot is not only your physical and dietary habits, but also your mental ones. It's most likely that the people who recover from anxiety/depression, are the ones you practice thinking about it differently. The perfect example here is the victim mentality that I see all the time, especially in this thread. If there's one thing I can guarantee, if you believe that you are destined to be anxious, you will be.

"Victim mentality" is a phrase that gets used a lot by people who subscribe to the "bootstrap mentality". It's not a question of believing you're destined to be anxious, it's about believing you might be more prone to anxiety than most people.

Also, if you're going to make claims that you say are more than anecdotal, it's polite to back them up with figures so people can make up their own minds.

This is getting kinda personal Giuseppe

I forgive you

I'll do the honorable gig and retire from this shred and that takes guts lol. You should do the same my man

I'll skip any posts from yous in future coz I know they won't have nothing useful to say.

Have a nice day

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    "Victim mentality" is a phrase that gets used a lot by people who subscribe to the "bootstrap mentality". It's not a question of believing you're destined to be anxious, it's about believing you might be more prone to anxiety than most people.

Also, if you're going to make claims that you say are more than anecdotal, it's polite to back them up with figures so people can make up their own minds.
    But why is it that I have to back up my advice with stats and figures? Who here backs up advice with stats and figures? Take my advice or leave it, it's up to you surely?

Quote Originally Posted by lebonvin View Post
    This is getting kinda personal Giuseppe

I forgive you

I'll do the honorable gig and retire from this shred and that takes guts lol. You should do the same my man

I'll skip any posts from yous in future coz I know they won't have nothing useful to say.

Have a nice day

Charlie
    I believe that's wise

https://www.newscientist.com/article...mental-health/
    unfortunately this is pay-walled. But I think there is a fair amount of evidence that what you eat effects mental health. But of course it’s a hugely complex issue, so just because something is statistically significant, doesn’t mean it will work for the individual.
    I’m picking up fag ends here, BTW. I’ve only just discovered this thread. BI am I trolling you? Xxx

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information