Thread: Left upper quadrant abdominal pain

Left upper quadrant abdominal pain

Four months later and i still have this weird left upper abdominal pain. Often it just feels like a pressure.. like something is in there or a part of muscle is very stiff there.. other times it is a mild stabbing pain. Most noticable in certain positions, like slouching or laying in bed half tilted to the side. Doc has no clue. Had blood tests, stool tests, abdominal ultrasound. Nothing showed at all. I hoped it would pass with time but four months later it is still here. Sometimes i also feel like it radiates to the side or even back. Not often though. There is pretty much ALWAYS something noticable either pain or pressure. Please i am desperate here.. ANYONE recognize this?

Re: Left upper quadrant abdominal pain

I had the same exact thing. Literally. Right on the bottom of the left rib cage. Sometimes went to back and shoulder blade. If i laid on my side in bed i could feel pressure, same when driving. Pain was about a 4 out of 10. After 8 months, it completely disappeared. I have no idea what it was. I had a full CT scan of my upper and lower torso, sigmoidscopy, xrays, ultrasound, blood work, stool tests and urine tests. Everything was clear as day...

Quote Originally Posted by Anxietyel View Post
    Four months later and i still have this weird left upper abdominal pain. Often it just feels like a pressure.. like something is in there or a part of muscle is very stiff there.. other times it is a mild stabbing pain. Most noticable in certain positions, like slouching or laying in bed half tilted to the side. Doc has no clue. Had blood tests, stool tests, abdominal ultrasound. Nothing showed at all. I hoped it would pass with time but four months later it is still here. Sometimes i also feel like it radiates to the side or even back. Not often though. There is pretty much ALWAYS something noticable either pain or pressure. Please i am desperate here.. ANYONE recognize this?
    Yes, have this at present on the upper right side, it's like a pressure (or slight muscle pull) more than a pain but I've have got a cough with it so may be related. It's reassuring that you've had the tests and the ultrasound would have shown up anything suspicious, so you don't have to worry about that

I have this too. Upper left. Worries the hell out of me!!

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    I have this too. Upper left. Worries the hell out of me!!
    . Yeah it surely worries me too. How long have you had it?

Quote Originally Posted by BetterDaysAhead View Post
    I had the same exact thing. Literally. Right on the bottom of the left rib cage. Sometimes went to back and shoulder blade. If i laid on my side in bed i could feel pressure, same when driving. Pain was about a 4 out of 10. After 8 months, it completely disappeared. I have no idea what it was. I had a full CT scan of my upper and lower torso, sigmoidscopy, xrays, ultrasound, blood work, stool tests and urine tests. Everything was clear as day...
    Wow that is so strange! Did you also sometimes have pressure and sometimes more toward pains? Omg same for me driving, i think i actually first started noticing it driving!

Yes sometimes it felt like a small inflated balloon. I think (this is ONLY a theory) it is splenic flexure syndrome. Look that up.

Yes sometimes it felt like a small inflated balloon. I think (this is ONLY a theory) it is splenic flexure syndrome. Look that up.
    This is what I think - hope!! - it is for me too...

Yeah it had crossed my mind as well, but can splenic flexure pain be Constant? I understand it is trapped gas, so it should move on and be more of an episodic thing right?

Thread Information